Home

How is EA able to do NCAA football in this game.

This is a discussion on How is EA able to do NCAA football in this game. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Review
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 07-27-2019, 10:15 PM   #9
Rookie

The Black Redneck's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How is EA able to do NCAA football in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhsrudy4
Just go buy Maximum Football 19. They're making huge strides for a 4 person development team. The more we invest in them the more they will be able to advance their game. EA isn't bringing back NCAA Football unless the NCAA agrees to pay the players. So basically you can forget about it. At least with the Maximum game you can go in and edit teams and players and they're making most of the schools similar to the real school so conversion should be easy. They already attempted to get the NCAA license but the ncaa said the only way they would allow it is if their was zero ability to edit players or team. This obviously is a no go for many reason. Just do some research and you will get your answer.
Maybe I am wrong but I don't see a college game making it without a NCAA license. A college sports game is more then just playing the sport with college rules. Its the rivalries, traditions, the bands all of that fun stuff. I think EA and the NCAA can work this out and adding the college playoffs and a few teams is a good start
Old 07-27-2019, 10:20 PM   #10
Pro

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Just wanted to chime in and say itís actually just a 3 person team and only 1 (Dave) is an actual developer. Spear and Josh help with the other aspects
Wow this really speaks volumes to how amazing that game is given the size of its dev team.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 07-28-2019, 05:42 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Just go buy Maximum Football 19. They're making huge strides for a 4 person development team. The more we invest in them the more they will be able to advance their game. EA isn't bringing back NCAA Football unless the NCAA agrees to pay the players. So basically you can forget about it. At least with the Maximum game you can go in and edit teams and players and they're making most of the schools similar to the real school so conversion should be easy. They already attempted to get the NCAA license but the ncaa said the only way they would allow it is if their was zero ability to edit players or team. This obviously is a no go for many reason. Just do some research and you will get your answer.
Yeah, not being able to edit players is a huge deal breaker. Also, playing with "South Bend" and "College Station" was OK with me 20+ years ago. But thats not an option for me any longer.

Either find a way to bring it back fully, or leave it be.

Screw You Ed Obannon!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2019, 10:16 AM   #12
Rookie

The Real Ma$$ive's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Just wanted to chime in and say itís actually just a 3 person team and only 1 (Dave) is an actual developer. Spear and Josh help with the other aspects
I just saw maximum football Red, and I say no thanks lol. If Madden played like that these forums would burn down in an all out riot. Lol
---------------------------------------------

Old 07-28-2019, 10:48 AM   #13
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
How is EA able to do NCAA football in this game.

They should do what PES does. Contract with the schools they can and then just have a bunch of generic teams that are editable, mimicking the real life counterpart.

Have USC and Oregon already. Can add the Los Angeles Bears, Corvallis otters, Seattle dogs, etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NHL: Los Angeles Kings
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
Soccer: Manchester City

PSN: Myk13
XB: Mmajam

Last edited by franch1se; 07-28-2019 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:00 AM   #14
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
They should do what PES does. Contract with the schools they can and then just have a bunch of generic teams that are editable, mimicking the real life counterpart.

Have USC and Oregon already. Can add the Los Angeles Bears, Corvallis otters, Seattle dogs, etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

The problem for EA is a game like that wouldn't sell to the masses. Even one with full customization (which may or may not get them into more legal trouble). People here would buy it and there would be an active community here for it. But we are a very small subset of the overall sports gaming community. The amount of time and resources EA would devote to such a game would never be recovered. Unless they can find a way to include all the most popular teams a game won't ever happen.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:53 PM   #15
Rookie

Spitfirex007's Arena

OVR: 1

I think this is a step in the right direction. Between the NBA series and now Madden. We are starting to see these schools giving companies the licensing rights. But still a long way to go.

I just wish Madden would give us the ability to do what NBA2k does with creating teams. But I'm sure the stuck up NFL would **** a brick. And EA is too lazy to put the work in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2019, 01:53 PM   #16
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Not quite, plus another developer making a college game just had to remove its file sharing capabilities. The lawsuit really changed things and made it very difficult to make an NCAA game that can’t come under some kind of legal woes and still be marketable.
Quote:

You can make a college football video game without the NCAA license. That is what I was saying. When EA first started making Bill Walsh College Football in the 90s they didn't have the NCAA license. They had individual licenses with some schools (not all the schools) and made a game off that. Why can't they do the same thing again? NCAA can't say squat about them doing that because they don't control what the individual schools do. That is basically what we're already seeing in this face of the franchise mode. I fully believe it's the start of them working things out to bring back a college football game.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets

Last edited by AUTiger1; 07-28-2019 at 01:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »