Home

Weather Reports

This is a discussion on Weather Reports within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2019, 11:05 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Weather Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE11
There are way more things to worry about than weather reports. Such as the fact that the gameplay is broken and that they completely ruined what was a good game during the beta.

One mans opinion. They should fix all the issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2019, 12:28 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxx01
Yes and a mention of it’s 96 degrees on a September day should be shown and mentioned in commentary. 22 degrees in December without snow should be shown and mentioned. Weather it’s windy or not. Just don’t understand why this is so hard to implement on this generation of consoles.

I defend EA a lot on here in these forums but I agree that this is really indefensible and needs fixed.

There's more to weather than simple precipitation. Temperature can play as big of a role, if not more, than that actually.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-29-2019, 12:31 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE11
There are way more things to worry about than weather reports. Such as the fact that the gameplay is broken and that they completely ruined what was a good game during the beta.
As someone who played the beta extensively and has played the finished game on PC, Xbox One and PS4 extensively via Origins and EA Access I believe you are incorrect.

Gameplay is not "broken" and the game is not "ruined" from what it was in the beta. In fact the final game is either largely the same, or in some cases, actually improved upon from the beta.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 01:35 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
As someone who played the beta extensively and has played the finished game on PC, Xbox One and PS4 extensively via Origins and EA Access I believe you are incorrect.

Gameplay is not "broken" and the game is not "ruined" from what it was in the beta. In fact the final game is either largely the same, or in some cases, actually improved upon from the beta.

Yes I agree gameplay seems excellent to me. I hope it stays that way it has come along way from 2015-2016. When Sherman was in the cover. Even from last year. We now need more details and intricacies added to the game by way of presentation.

Old 07-29-2019, 02:26 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg

It's not even close. The defense was superb during the beta. Both for user and AI. The defense is entirely broken in the current version of the game. Both for user and especially the AI.

It's a garbage game as it stands. Easily the worst in the last 5 years or so.

Hopefully they fix it soon.
Old 07-29-2019, 03:05 PM   #14
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

They haven't even bothered representing weather all that accurately since the move to this gen. NCAA and Madden both had it represented well visually, and you really felt that progression of seasons throughout the year in Franchise. Outside of Franchise you even had a very granular slider for temperature and intensity of precipitation.

We still have games in December in Green Bay where, if the weather is cold but sunny, the crowd and sideline people are wearing shorts and sun visors. Meanwhile, if it's a rainy pre-season game in Miami in August, the crowd and sideline people are wearing winter gear.

I know most players don't care, but I still sweat the details, and I find it annoying this hasn't been improved over the past five years. At least they added winter crowd/sideline assets so they're not wearing shorts in the snow any more.

There's also just simply not enough variability in weather in Franchise in general too. I want to get the feeling of each region when I go on the road at different times of the season. It would give some real life to the Franchise experience on the field.
Old 07-29-2019, 03:33 PM   #15
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Watching the different weather on my madden 04 cpu v cpu, really makes me wish we had that for madden 20.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 03:37 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
They haven't even bothered representing weather all that accurately since the move to this gen. NCAA and Madden both had it represented well visually, and you really felt that progression of seasons throughout the year in Franchise. Outside of Franchise you even had a very granular slider for temperature and intensity of precipitation.

We still have games in December in Green Bay where, if the weather is cold but sunny, the crowd and sideline people are wearing shorts and sun visors. Meanwhile, if it's a rainy pre-season game in Miami in August, the crowd and sideline people are wearing winter gear.

I know most players don't care, but I still sweat the details, and I find it annoying this hasn't been improved over the past five years. At least they added winter crowd/sideline assets so they're not wearing shorts in the snow any more.

There's also just simply not enough variability in weather in Franchise in general too. I want to get the feeling of each region when I go on the road at different times of the season. It would give some real life to the Franchise experience on the field.

Man excellent points. I’m not into bashing. It’s more about questioning why is not viable with all of the technology we have today. The technology is far more advanced than in the ps2 era but those games had more details. To your point I saw Brian Flores wearing a skully hat in a rain game in August in Miami. That just ludicrous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »