Home

Superstar Abilities: What Works, What doesn’t

This is a discussion on Superstar Abilities: What Works, What doesn’t within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2019, 03:11 AM   #9
Rookie

Shards's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Superstar Abilities: What Works, What doesn’t

I had Derwin cause two fumbles on two carries in a row in a Franchise game against the CPU. No more trying to juke out players like him. I played against the Seahawks and make a point to run away from Wagner. He ended the game with 3 tackles and no turn overs or forced fumbles.

The mode and settings that you use will affect things a lot but I like the fact that I need to know where these players are at and stay away from them.

I have Kareem Hunt in the second year of another franchise and his stiff arm ability is very solid. If you line up the stuff arm, the defenders usually get crushed.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:28 AM   #10
Rookie

ednaaard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucram7777
I concur.

This ability alone has turned Jamal Adams into a monster.
I think it's the Enforcer SS Ability, combined with the "Big Hitter" trait that is the culprit.

I was watching the Jets complete a season on my trial, and as you said - EVERY time he had a shot on the carrier, it was a Hit Stick.

Couple that with his monstrous Hit Power (95) he was averaging 2 Forced Fumbles a game.

I think all of the other SS Abilities so far are okay. I am EXTREMELY happy that the AI actually utilizes these skills for themselves; I noticed a substantial difference between Ezekiel Elliott compared to your average back without Abilities. Edge Rushers with SS abilities really made their presence felt as well.

I simmed the rest of the Season, and the Bills managed to draft a FS that was a SS X-factor (Ovr 80) he had:

X- Factor - Zone Hawk
SS Ability - Zoned Out

I watched him play against the Jets, and those abilities made it tough for the Jets to get solid yardage his way. You could really tell that he was going to be the "Next big thing"
I think after a few patches, they will get the balance and of this right and it's going to be really really good. It already distinguishes the great from the good, and once they add even more, and get the nerfed ones right, it'll be superb.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:38 AM   #11
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
This is true advice, but at the same time with abilities being the main improvement for M20 especially when Franchise is basically the same, if you turn off the abilities, why even buy the game?
Because game play outside of that is still a pretty solid leap forward, so long as coverage is mitigated with either sliders, a patch or a mod. Ball trajectories, more animations, better tackling (aside from hit sticks), expanded play books, etc.

As much of a Franchise guy as I am, if it was the only thing I cared about I'd be playing that text only football sim, forgot what it's called, but you know.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2019, 06:49 AM   #12
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednaaard
I think after a few patches, they will get the balance and of this right and it's going to be really really good. It already distinguishes the great from the good, and once they add even more, and get the nerfed ones right, it'll be superb.

Do you think they'll do that?
Like you said, once they tune the ones already present - it's going to be a whole new ball-game.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:21 AM   #13
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Enforcer needs to be tuned as its just automatic fumbles
Old 07-28-2019, 10:22 AM   #14
MVP

I just played the ravens. Jackson was 18 for 18 in the first half. That perfect accuracy when throwing on the run is ridiculous. It makes the game arcade which is what many people want. For sim they need to be tuned way down to be a bonus to differentiate things players are superior at but perfect accuracy from jackson is a joke for simulation.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:00 AM   #15
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I just played the ravens. Jackson was 18 for 18 in the first half. That perfect accuracy when throwing on the run is ridiculous. It makes the game arcade which is what many people want. For sim they need to be tuned way down to be a bonus to differentiate things players are superior at but perfect accuracy from jackson is a joke for simulation.

One thing I know is the “Throw on the Run” rating is too high still for most QBs. I always tune those ratings down, but the overall accuracy slider also needs to be adjusted as well. It’s great to have sliders but default settings should still be better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2019, 11:23 AM   #16
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednaaard
This.

When have any of TRULY had to know where Superstar was and gameplan around them? In real life, players feed off of each other's success on the field. This year I actually find myself trying to like up a receiver at the various spots to get a better match-up.

I do think some need to be nerfed though (not removed for madden 21). These abilities stem from MUT 19 and need to be balanced for CFM.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »