Home

XP Sliders

This is a discussion on XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you modify XP sliders?
Yes, I modify XP Sliders 29 87.88%
No, I play with default XP Sliders 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2019, 12:03 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
XP Sliders

Do you modify them or play default? If you do modify, why do you do it?

Last edited by NoleFan; 07-29-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2019, 12:13 PM   #2
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: XP Sliders

Why? Because Madden needs adjusting. If i didnt turn illegal block in the back down to 5, id see it 7 times a game. Id never see a PI, the CPU run game would be non existitant, etc. Many reasons to modify.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:12 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I do not change franchise XP sliders.

Given that the designers at Tiburon have the capacity to simulate hundreds of seasons a day and correct any progression / regression imbalances based on observations drawn from data sets much larger than what anyone here (myself included) is capable of producing, I generally trust their gameplay balance of the mode.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:08 PM   #4
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

I turned down the QB one in QB1 because my dude was an 86 after week 4. Up to a 89 in week 9 which is still insane so i may need to turn it down more. Wondering if i need to just self manage that and only spend those points a little at a time each year even if i've earned more.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:31 PM   #5
Rookie

Shards's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Why? Because Madden needs adjusting. If i didnt turn illegal block in the back down to 5, id see it 7 times a game. Id never see a PI, the CPU run game would be non existitant, etc. Many reasons to modify.
Those aren't XP sliders. There is a separate set of sliders in franchise mode that modify the amount of XP each position group gets. The last few years tdawg made sets based on how the overalls changed over 10 year sims. Generally the Offensive line are the ones that seen farthest out of whack according to his data.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2019, 03:43 PM   #6
Pro

I will this year. I'll probably go with someone else's adjustments and pair it with a gameplay mod. I have a feeling that I won't be playing Madden 20 after November. Gonna be Modded 20 instead lol
Old 07-28-2019, 03:46 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I do not change franchise XP sliders.

Given that the designers at Tiburon have the capacity to simulate hundreds of seasons a day and correct any progression / regression imbalances based on observations drawn from data sets much larger than what anyone here (myself included) is capable of producing, I generally trust their gameplay balance of the mode.
That sounds dope. I wanna see a interview discussing how they determine what is realistic and what is not realistic pertaining to their data sets, and how their data coincides with data from the actual NFL.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:12 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Yes. Myself and several others around this board and other sites have all done 10-yuear multiple sims in the past, multiple per person usually, and the XP sliders at default end up with the rosters later on in the CFM not being like the out of the box rosters. Things like every lineman being 84 or worse while every QB on a 2-deep is 85 or better. From past experiences you have to run multiple tests and make changes or else the rosters become rather weird in the future seasons.

I also like to slow progression down a bit so that my game ends having the same ratings consistency position by position like the out of box rosters, but ends up having less 90+ overall players in the future. I've always been a fan of a 90+ being a surefire HOF'er in the sport, but obviously that is not how Madden's ratings are meant to be. They reflect more of the now and less of the overall history of the league.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »