Home

Why can’t Madden make a game like NBA 2k

This is a discussion on Why can’t Madden make a game like NBA 2k within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2019, 12:53 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Why can’t Madden make a game like NBA 2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by highmiles100
As long as EA has the ONLY rights to license this game you all are going to get a crappy game. The bad part is, each and every year you all come on here complaining but still give your money to EA....

If I owned EA and put out a crappy product and people stilll bought it by the masses I wouldn't do much to change it either.

My $.02
Game is awesome, that's why I bought THREE copies of it, one for PC, one for Xbox One and one for PS4. So I'm good for taking two of the folks out there who supposedly voted with their wallets and canceling them out

And P.S. - the bone to pick is with the NFL, not EA. They are the ones who keep the license exclusive.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 01:32 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Game is awesome, that's why I bought THREE copies of it, one for PC, one for Xbox One and one for PS4. So I'm good for taking two of the folks out there who supposedly voted with their wallets and canceling them out

And P.S. - the bone to pick is with the NFL, not EA. They are the ones who keep the license exclusive.
If YOU think the game is awesome then I'm happy for you that YOUR expectations were met. For a lot of us this game is far from awesome, nowhere realistic and doesn't meet OUR expectations.

As for the game, the NFL doesn't make the game, EA does; so I have no gripe with the NFL, they're in the business of making money and EA has paid A LOT of money to obtain exclusive rights.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:33 PM   #67
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Can I ask what the point is? I would never buy 3 copies of ANY game unless I had a kid that wanted to play it and I didn’t want him/her playing on my console.
NHL - Los Angeles Kings
MLS - Los Angeles Galaxy
EPL - Newcastle United
Old 07-30-2019, 01:41 PM   #68
Rookie

Madden has been always will be a "PRETTY" Game.. But for "One The Field Play" After all these years it Still cant come close to the On Field Play of 2k5 or 2k8... EA will never change as long as the children keep buying it.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:59 PM   #69
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I don’t remember the exact year but I do remember the situation when 2k took off and separated itself from most others in terms of quantity and quality and it’s still one of the smartest things any game company has done. They hired people from the community. Guys that weren’t about the bottom dollar. Guys that dedicated their time for free to help the community and had nothing but pure love for the game. The 2 biggest was Czar and Leftos.

I think everyone knows who Czar is at this point but Leftos was a NBA 2k modding God at NLSC forever and all those cool things that have been implemented into 2K like relocation, jersey editing, dornas........the list goes on and on, is stuff he was making tools for the modding community. Can you imagine doing all that for free and then having the company that makes the game actually want to start paying you for it?

I think the whole Mike Wang leaving 2k for EA and then going back before his coffee got cold tells me everything I need to know about the difference between EA and 2k.

I love EA, I truly do. It would be crazy for me not to. If I went down a list of my top 100 games ever EA would probably have published 50 of them. How could I not love them. That being said I just really don’t think they get it.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:07 PM   #70
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

This game probably is great for non CFM guys and specifically online players. The gameplay elements are there, especially for quick games. But if you are a sim/CFM player, there is so much missing and those quick game/online elements do not help the game for us CFM guys.

There are simply just different aspects of the game that CFM guys look for compared to online players. Unfortunately, a lot of this stuff benefits single games played with 6-8 min quarters more than people who play longer games throughout multiple seasons.

EA higher ups need to realize there are people who have given up on the Franchise because they don’t put in enough time to give CFM players the tools to properly produce good Franchise experiences. H2H guys want different gameplay than CFM players, and companies like 2K have realized that, which is why they gave us countless sliders and features to manipulate the game and individual players in-game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-30-2019, 02:20 PM   #71
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman
I don’t think we should end the discussion. Maybe we should forward this to the EA higher ups. They added back the pro bowl this year and we’re supposed to be happy? If NBA 2k or MLB the show was missing the all star game and they added it as a new feature i’d expect those sub forums on OS to have threads saying wtf as well.

There are so many of us who have tried over the last 10+ years to get our ideas to EA to improve franchise and presentation. They have their agenda and that is to find modes that make money. Unless you find a way for them to add features into franchise mode that can make them extra cash, that’s the only way your getting through to them. And even if they do like one of your ideas and use it, it will be some watered down version of what you were expecting. For example what they did with the “draft presentation” last year. They just don’t get what we want. Some of them even admit they would love to do some of the things we ask for but the higher ups are way too involved at EA and will continue to get in the way of those things happening. It’s a never ending cycle unless something changes in the way they operate within the company itself.

I’ve come to peace with it and just don’t even want to waste any more time putting in effort into writing threads detailing our wishes for the next madden. Their agenda is the exact polar opposite of anything I would like them to add or work on in the game. It’s a lost cause at this point. I’m done. Look at all that time deuce put into his thread about franchise improvements. They even acknowledged the thread and complimented it and how much have they used from that??? Maybe like 2% of his ideas? he had some really productive, well detailed ideas for the mode to be better too and they just continue down a road of developing new features no one asked for and has everyone scratching their heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 02:30 PM   #72
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

Hahaha the blame is on both, it's not like the NFL has to twist EA's arm to get them to agree to the exclusivity agreement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »