Home

Passing: Beating the Pass Rush in Madden 20

This is a discussion on Passing: Beating the Pass Rush in Madden 20 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2019, 11:49 AM   #1
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

OVR: 0
Passing: Beating the Pass Rush in Madden 20

I only have a few tips for anyone having problems avoiding the pass rush/blitzes.

When dropping back, take a quick glance at the rush. Look at where the edge rushers and blitzers are before you do anything. Also, pre play try to read the blitz if you can.

Obviously, don't do what you used to do back in the day, and drop back 10 yards. We know that doesn't work anymore. It shouldn't work. That will just lead to a sack and loss of yards. You have to step up in the pocket like real life QBs do.

Have a good idea of who and where you want to throw the ball before the play even begins. Look at the defense. Look at the Safeties. Look at the Linebackers. See where you can get a mismatch or see where you can get a receiver to a clear spot. Use hot routes frequently get defenders out of where you want to throw if you can.

When I drop back, Ive found that letting the drop back animation play out and staying still at first helps alot. Just sit there for a few seconds and let things develop and then throw. We know we get penalized for moving while throwing at times. Basically, you have to plant your feet to make accurate throws. Sometimes I look at the QBs feet, whatever step drop, then immediately look to throw.

Another thing I like to do in this game and other sports games, is use my peripheral vision. I try to look at the rush and the receivers passing icons. The passing icons still indicate when I receiver is looking back at you. It doesn't necessarily mean they are open, it just means they are looking. When I see the icon light up in my peripheral , then I look over at the receiver to see if they are open.

Just don't be to quick to scramble first. If you have to , and you will have to, use the pass blocking pre play controls. Slide the blocking to wherever you think you need it. It helps somewhat.

In conclusion, use every tool available to your advantage. Mix it up. Different formations, screen pass, play action passes to the running back, quick routes like curls etc, .... Also I've found that throwing low passes in traffic , sometimes, is great for just getting a quick possession catch/pass out there for a first down.

Those are my tips. Everyone feel free to add on. The pass rush is serious this year and I am determined to get better.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »