Home

Madden NFL 20: First Impressions With a New Madden

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20: First Impressions With a New Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Madden 22 Gameplay in 4K: Full Game With Presentation Between Packers and Bears
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-29-2019, 12:21 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 20: First Impressions With a New Madden

Firing up Madden 20 for the first time brings some excitement. The new screen wipes are...

Written By: Phil Varckette

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 01:38 PM   #2
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Iím super surprised you had no issues with the cpu run game. The run blocking slider at 80 fixed it for me(mostly) but before that it was non existent.*
Old 07-29-2019, 02:31 PM   #3
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Madden NFL 20: First Impressions With a New Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I’m super surprised you had no issues with the cpu run game. The run blocking slider at 80 fixed it for me(mostly) but before that it was non existent.*
I was a bit surprised as well. I was able to control average backs, but good ones moved the ball pretty well. I even had a few guys bust big runs on me.

And I want to add an addendum to my impressions. I did see some poor late game management after I wrote this article. Doesn't seem to happen all the time for me though.

I will definitely get into all this more thoroughly in my upcoming review.

Last edited by PVarck31; 07-29-2019 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:40 PM   #4
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Excellent review. I am also happy about edge rushers being effective. I feel the x-factors was a good move by EA.

I enjoy the pass trajectories and the ability to pass over LBs which have been brought to a reasonable level of movement and jumping. (Though I already see some YouTubers commenting about not being able to "lurk," hopefully EA doesn't listen to this rhetoric.

Some complaints have been about the new controller mapping. I have lost a couple of games so far because I am used to double tapping the receiver button to throw a deep ball, and now it is the pump fake; I end up getting sacked a lot when I forget this new mechanic. But, it is on me to learn the new system, and I will adapt and conquer.

We have to allow the game to evolve by learning the changes and nuances of changes within a game. If we push to revert changes back to a previous game version, because we have to learn something new, we will continue to see a game stuck in a rut.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:51 PM   #5
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Excellent review. I am also happy about edge rushers being effective. I feel the x-factors was a good move by EA.

I enjoy the pass trajectories and the ability to pass over LBs which have been brought to a reasonable level of movement and jumping. (Though I already see some YouTubers commenting about not being able to "lurk," hopefully EA doesn't listen to this rhetoric.

Some complaints have been about the new controller mapping. I have lost a couple of games so far because I am used to double tapping the receiver button to throw a deep ball, and now it is the pump fake; I end up getting sacked a lot when I forget this new mechanic. But, it is on me to learn the new system, and I will adapt and conquer.

We have to allow the game to evolve by learning the changes and nuances of changes within a game. If we push to revert changes back to a previous game version, because we have to learn something new, we will continue to see a game stuck in a rut.
The pump fake definitely got me sacked alot. It just takes getting used to. It's a weapon I haven't mastered yet but I hope to.
The pass rush/edge rushers definitely change how I approach passing. I now have to have a set plan before I throw, which is good

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 05:34 PM   #6
Rookie

Thanks for the analysis.*
Old 07-29-2019, 05:51 PM   #7
Pro

Quick question. When you do your review, what 3 aspects of the game will weigh the most in your score? Thanks for the write up.
Old 07-29-2019, 06:04 PM   #8
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

This game has an old school Madden feel to it and I love it! The pash rush is realistic and mistakes are punished, and that what makes this game fun to me. The team took a really big step in the right direction when it came to making the game sim style. Even Ultimate Team has been fair where you donít really have to spend money to get good cards. Barring any game breaking patches, Madden 20 is a really good game to play.
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21

Cowboys!
Ravens!

Lakers!
Rockets!
Yankees!
Astros!

PSN: Spartan387
XBGT: KobraTheKing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »