Home

Madden 20 | Underrated Player Guide

This is a discussion on Madden 20 | Underrated Player Guide within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2019, 03:33 PM   #225
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 | Underrated Player Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah1212
I ended up playing against guice in year three of my franchise in the super bowl. Now keep in mind, my team was the #1 rush defense in the league, and that was our identity. We held Todd Gurley to 20 yards in 14 carries in the divisional round, and held a 99 overall Ezekiel Elliot to 120 yards. Guice split the difference around 65, and definitely showed some tenacity. Most running backs get nothing against the run defense I’ve put together, but this kid was tough. Definitely develops into a strong player.

I just simmed/watched my second season of a Washington franchise and even in the very run sparse West Coast Zone Run offense he went over 1,000 yards and 10 scores in what was his rookie season (I played with pre-existing injuries on). He fights for extra yards, makes nice cuts, and unless somebody tackles him low he usually bounces off the first guy in to try to tackle him. His fellow teammates Chris Thompson and De'Andre Washington are both lovely change of pace backs. But Guice is a real weapon and he's not even at his full potential yet. Haskins is no joke either. The dude rocks in this offense. He spreads the ball out between 3 WR, the TE, and the HB. You might not get a 1,000 receiver out of it, but everyone will be in the 700-900 range with the TE getting about 500-600 and the HB getting another 300-400. It makes for some exciting football to watch. He spreads it all over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2019, 11:19 AM   #226
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo_Pena
I just simmed/watched my second season of a Washington franchise and even in the very run sparse West Coast Zone Run offense he went over 1,000 yards and 10 scores in what was his rookie season (I played with pre-existing injuries on). He fights for extra yards, makes nice cuts, and unless somebody tackles him low he usually bounces off the first guy in to try to tackle him. His fellow teammates Chris Thompson and De'Andre Washington are both lovely change of pace backs. But Guice is a real weapon and he's not even at his full potential yet. Haskins is no joke either. The dude rocks in this offense. He spreads the ball out between 3 WR, the TE, and the HB. You might not get a 1,000 receiver out of it, but everyone will be in the 700-900 range with the TE getting about 500-600 and the HB getting another 300-400. It makes for some exciting football to watch. He spreads it all over.
Yeah, he’s tough to get hands on even with my defense that has been incredibly dominant against the run game. Our MO has been read the run, blitz, negative yardage most of the time, and then I’ll usually go zone 4 on the line on second down, or occasionally a pass blitz. On 3rd and long I throw it into man if they haven’t hit the 50 yard line and dare them to pass into 1 on 1 coverage against my corners and safeties.

He disrupted our defense because our blitzes were not working on 1st down and I had to start doing things like pretending to stack the line to discourage the run, and bringing safety blitzes, because if I blitzes the linebackers and corners he was blowing right through them.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:22 AM   #227
Rookie

Underrated Player Nomination:

FA LE: Willie Henry 73 OVR: His stats won't really wow you but he's sneaky good. Strong enough to play power rush LE/RE and Rush DT in sub package. He will be stout against the run and will get interior pressure/sacks on the QB.

I've tried him a few times now and while he won't make a play all the time (who does?) you will find him showing up in the stat lines for TFL and Sacks.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:06 PM   #228
MVP

Recently started a fantasy draft franchise where I found this little gem: Matthew Ioannidis, RE, WAS. 83 OVR, so the game doesn't underrate him terribly, but he's got 94 STR and 87 PMV and is only 25 years old. BSH is a bit low at 71, but that can be upgraded once you get him over 90 PMV.

He's also 305 lbs. His size and STR really help overcome the BSH deficiency, and he's got just enough athleticism to play off the edge in SP franchise. I wouldn't use a player that slow off the edge against other users.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:28 PM   #229
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Recently started a fantasy draft franchise where I found this little gem: Matthew Ioannidis, RE, WAS. 83 OVR, so the game doesn't underrate him terribly, but he's got 94 STR and 87 PMV and is only 25 years old. BSH is a bit low at 71, but that can be upgraded once you get him over 90 PMV.

He's also 305 lbs. His size and STR really help overcome the BSH deficiency, and he's got just enough athleticism to play off the edge in SP franchise. I wouldn't use a player that slow off the edge against other users.
Yea man, I agree on this one. I ran into the skins trying them out and I singed ol eric berry to play alongside collins and that was a nice Defense. especially the Dline. Complete wrecking crew
Old 10-23-2019, 01:45 PM   #230
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Yea man, I agree on this one. I ran into the skins trying them out and I singed ol eric berry to play alongside collins and that was a nice Defense. especially the Dline. Complete wrecking crew
I discovered him by playing against WAS in a franchise game. Dude absolutely destroyed my LT all game long. The STR differential made it almost as bad as facing off against someone with abilities.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:03 PM   #231
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus

I am not sure what the OVR limit is for this threat and what they consider to be underrated. I started up a Redskins franchise with pre-existing injuries on so Guice missed the entire first season and I tried to replicate what's going on this year with that team. I sat Trent Williams out the whole year due to his contract hold out and I started Colt McCoy for five games and let Haskins take over.

The team still went 9-7. Adrian Peterson ran for over 1,000 yards and 8 or 9 TDS, Haskins threw for nearly 3,000 yards 20 TDS and 3 INTS. The defense was way better than I expected and especially that front line of Ioannidis, Payne, Kerrigan, and Sweat though he lagged behind some. Collins was a beast of a hitter and was great in coverage.

I was trying to get the team to tank to make my fairy tale story for the franchise to take place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2019, 07:36 PM   #232
Rookie

As somebody that enjoys taking the worst teams in the game and rebuilding them into winners I have tried to start a few Miami Dolphins franchises. Since I usually strip the talent down and only keep the 70's rated people that have more than one year on their contracts I usually always have Kalen Ballage. I've seen him listed on here as underrated but I could never get him on track...until this attempt.

In game 3 he had a dev challenge to get 100 yards or 2 TDS. He rolled for 120. That prompted another dev challenge for the very next game for 150 yards or 3 TDS. He rolled for over 160! Now he's a Superstar development and at 78 OVR. Unfortunately he's the one getting us near the goal line and needs to sub out when we are actually at it, so my FB and my 2nd RB usually get those carries. Looks like I won't be drafting his replacement this time.

My 2nd RB is somebody that I've been trying a few times to see if he should be added. Donnell Pumphrey Jr. is a 63 OVR, but he has the trifecta 90's for a RB. 90+spd, 90+ACC, and 90+AGI. He doesn't catch extremely well, his vision and awareness are kind of low, and he can KR/PR a little. Like my experience with Ballage I've never been able to get him going because he got injured or I just had too many other guys ahead of him on the depth chart. This year I am making sure he's the #2 guy save for power back which is my FB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »