Home

Brutal Review by Chris Jarrad: "Save your money for anything else"

This is a discussion on Brutal Review by Chris Jarrad: "Save your money for anything else" within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 04:49 AM   #17
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Brutal Review by Chris Jarrad: "Save your money for anything else"

This review has a lot of dishonest offal scattered about. He's not reviewing it based on comparisons to other games, not really. Mostly he's comparing it to what he wants Madden to be. But what I find most disingenuous about this review is that it's less about Madden 20 and more about the failures PRIOR to Madden 20. This is a culmination of years of frustration, not an honest review of a single game based on its own merits.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:22 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree with this review 100%. EA only brought the exclusive NFL license just to ensure they would be the only ones making an NFL licensed game and by doing that they eliminated the competition and decided to rehash the same old game every year for $60.00
Old 07-31-2019, 06:52 AM   #19
Rookie

Madden has been wash,rinse and repeat for years now. I mean, they had better modes and customization in Madden during the ps2 era. EA knows the new consoles are just around the corner. They are simply waiting for new powerful system that makes their iconic game look better and play just a bit better so they can say..' look whats new in Madden'.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:30 AM   #20
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Take this with a grain of salt and judge for yourself.Many different opinions around.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:36 AM   #21
Pro

vertman's Arena

Too many people follow what other people say and do. If YOU like the game and the series buy it, play the hell out of it and enjoy it. If YOU don't like it ,that is fine, don't buy it but for the love of god stop going into every thread you can find and posting negative things all day every day. Everyone is different and we can form our own opinions . Say it once and be done.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:38 AM   #22
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
This review has a lot of dishonest offal scattered about. He's not reviewing it based on comparisons to other games, not really. Mostly he's comparing it to what he wants Madden to be. But what I find most disingenuous about this review is that it's less about Madden 20 and more about the failures PRIOR to Madden 20. This is a culmination of years of frustration, not an honest review of a single game based on its own merits.
I agree that reviews of Madden always seem to struggle to get past the fact it is a yearly release. Most other games wouldn't change a lot year to year either. The problem is, Madden hasn't changed a whole lot across many years, so it is a valid criticism, it's just the wrong one to focus on the year to year comparison. The way EA can shake this is to do a better job adding features and not removing or breaking older features. They should be blowing us away with content and improvements. The fact they're re-adding the Pro Bowl in 2019 is a bit comical, really.

At this point a non sports/Madden focused source reviewing the game is pretty much redundant. It would be like People magazine reviewing farm equipment. With that said the review is probably right more than it is wrong, and I think the reviewer is clearly more across the series than the average reviewer who only touches it when the yearly review copy comes their way. The distinction to be made is how much you as a Madden gamer care about the issues highlighted. Once you lower your expectations, Madden is more than a 4/10 to most people here.

Last edited by Nza; 07-31-2019 at 07:42 AM.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:57 AM   #23
Rookie

sanchise99's Arena

ahh.the truth about madden, I just d/led the latest community roster on 19 compared it to the madden attributes or ratings they put out pre-release for 20 (besides mahomes nothing has changed) and watch inside training camp to adjust the depth charts...saved 65$
Old 07-31-2019, 08:04 AM   #24
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

You are missing out on much better gameplay.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »