Home

How to defend RPOs

This is a discussion on How to defend RPOs within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2019, 01:00 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: How to defend RPOs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
I made it very clear that I didn't appreciate your attempt to troll/derail the thread. I do not believe you when you say your intent was otherwise, and if that were so your post is *STILL* a troll/derail.

Wishing for something better doesn't help anyone defend an RPO. This is not a wish list thread. It's the How to Defend RPOs. Anything that isn't either a set up to defend one or a question about defending one is off topic AFAIC. If you want we can definitely take this to moderation.
You're literally derailing the ****ing thread yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 01:01 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I made it very clear that I didn't appreciate your attempt to troll/derail the thread. I do not believe you when you say your intent was otherwise, and if that were so your post is *STILL* a troll/derail.

Wishing for something better doesn't help anyone defend an RPO. This is not a wish list thread. It's the How to Defend RPOs. Anything that isn't either a set up to defend one or a question about defending one is off topic AFAIC. If you want we can definitely take this to moderation.
1) I am not attempting to troll you or derail this thread.

2) I made my comments on the video, you took my words a little too literal. I am sorry my hyperbole was lost on you. Sarcasm is hard to detect through text.

3) I was only saying that I wish EA would do X in the future to make defending RPO's easier and more realistic. I didn't think that was off topic, but if you want this thread to be only about the tools in the game right now and nothing about what EA could provide in the future then so be it. I'll stop talking about what I think EA could do to improve the defense vs RPO.

I really don't know why my post upset you as much as it did. I apologize for upsetting you so much even if I honestly am confused as to what I did specifically to upset you. I never was trolling you, I'm sorry you feel I was, but I think anyone who reads my first reply in this thread can see I was only saying I wish EA would give the defense more tools to combat RPO's and other concepts in the future.

― Plato
Old 07-31-2019, 01:03 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
You're literally derailing the ****ing thread yourself.
By asking someone else to stop. If the OP of a thread asked me to stop my line of posting I would do so simply because it's the civil thing to do. I thought I could appeal to his decency, but that's not the case as he's still making wish list posts after two requests to knock it off.

It's fine - he's been reported hopefully OS can just ban him from posting in my threads if he's not going to contribute in their spirit.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:09 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

Quote:
I won't lie to you. It is. It can take quite a bit of practice to get it all down to the point where this is useful in-game.
Quote:
By asking someone else to stop. If the OP of a thread asked me to stop my line of posting I would do so simply because it's the civil thing to do. I thought I could appeal to his decency, but that's not the case as he's still making wish list posts after two requests to knock it off.

It's fine - he's been reported hopefully OS can just ban him from posting in my threads if he's not going to contribute in their spirit.
Just because you created the thread doesn't mean you get to police it and anything that goes on in it When someone makes a point about RPO that you don't agree with?

You admitted that it takes practice to get the technique down. That implies that it's not some easy simple step. Canes used some hyperbole you took offense to for some reason that kind of eludes to your point about the complications of it.

This whole thing is stupid and part of the reason a lot of people on this forum who play Madden and can provide valuable feedback/help don't come here because they can't have a discussion about the game without some **** like this taking place.

Maybe we should all (myself included) utilize the block feature a lot more.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:11 PM   #29
MVP

Maybe instead of dropping zero content he should go practice?
Old 07-31-2019, 01:19 PM   #30
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

Interesting video.

I prefer the man-press options versus quarters, but it’s nice to have options. The real kicker is that the adjustments can be difficult to implement in a game scenario where an opponent can go no-huddle with different RPO audibles in the formation.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-31-2019, 01:22 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

Quote:
Maybe instead of dropping zero content he should go practice?
This is the last thing I'll say.

You're complaining about someone trolling and going as far as to threaten moderation, report someone, etc. Yet you make posts like this.

Don't question Canes' intentions if this is how you're going to act on the flip side. If you didn't like his point and you were afraid your thread was being jeopardized that's fine, but maybe that wasn't his intention?

You're helping to derail your own thread at this point instead of just blocking him or moving on if you disagree. Good luck with defending the RPO, though. I'm taking my own advice and moving on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 01:29 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBreaker35
Interesting video.

I prefer the man-press options versus quarters, but it’s nice to have options. The real kicker is that the adjustments can be difficult to implement in a game scenario where an opponent can go no-huddle with different RPO audibles in the formation.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
If you can get the man-align in immediately after the flip it gets a hell of a lot easier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »