Home

How to defend RPOs

This is a discussion on How to defend RPOs within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2019, 01:16 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
How to defend RPOs

Another great video from Deuce Close. Explains how to defend RPOs. The video highlights the importance of learning your runs fits, how to use pre play controls to manipulate those fits, and also how to manually move defenders pre snap to get them in better position to make a play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGzhpsrrEP4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 03:14 AM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: How to defend RPOs

Deuce Close is one of the best Madden YouTube personalities in the community right now. His Madden strategy videos are intelligent, thoughtful, well-spoken, educational, void of obnoxious YouTube tropes ("please like and subscribe!"), critical when the situation calls for it, and all-in-all helpful for and a positive addition to the Madden community.
Old 07-31-2019, 03:45 AM   #3
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

That seems like a lot to process and adjust in 5 seconds

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Old 07-31-2019, 10:48 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
That seems like a lot to process and adjust in 5 seconds

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app
I won't lie to you. It is. It can take quite a bit of practice to get it all down to the point where this is useful in-game.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:54 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Too bad we can't just have more realistic options to playing certain situations like NBA 2k offers in its gameplans. It would be great to be able to tell my players to make false steps to draw a pass against RPO's like is done in real life these days. That's a much more realistic adjustment to make than trying to do 25 pre-snap adjustments in 5 seconds.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 10:59 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Too bad we can't just have more realistic options to playing certain situations like NBA 2k offers in its gameplans. It would be great to be able to tell my players to make false steps to draw a pass against RPO's like is done in real life these days. That's a much more realistic adjustment to make than trying to do 25 pre-snap adjustments in 5 seconds.
You obviously didn't watch the video because no where near 25 adjustments were required. It was more like 3-4.

Edit - I'd also like to add that if we were required to use preset adjustments then EA would need to offer literally hundreds, if not thousands, of options that are all available in every game. There are thousands of unique plays on offense. Not every version of the same offensive concept can be stopped by the same defenses.

Last edited by stinkubus; 07-31-2019 at 11:04 AM.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:16 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
You obviously didn't watch the video because no where near 25 adjustments were required. It was more like 3-4.

Edit - I'd also like to add that if we were required to use preset adjustments then EA would need to offer literally hundreds, if not thousands, of options that are all available in every game. There are thousands of unique plays on offense. Not every version of the same offensive concept can be stopped by the same defenses.
I did watch the video, so don't tell me I didn't . You are always quick to call people liars on this forum and I don't understand how you get away with it as much as you do.

Obviously 25 is a bit of humorous exaggeration, but the point to my post remains and my little humor there did not take any credibility away from it.

― Plato
Old 07-31-2019, 11:25 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Basketball is a much, much, MUCH simpler game in general than football. You have fewer players, a much narrower objective in a much smaller scale.

Frankly I'm not even aware of what "gameplan" means in basketball. Is it just who covers who? In any case, football is much more complex and it's not a valid comparison to any NBA game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »