Home

Is Madden 20 worth purchasing this year if you consistently purchased in the past?

This is a discussion on Is Madden 20 worth purchasing this year if you consistently purchased in the past? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2019, 01:33 PM   #49
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is Madden 20 worth purchasing this year if you consistently purchased in the past

If you were willing to buy madden 19, then YES you should buy Madden 20. It's basically a fixed, polished Madden 19 with abilities. I still go back to earlier versions like 12 and 09 etc, but I'd say Madden 20 appears to be the best of the cfm generation (13 onwards).

Sent from my H3113 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-04-2019, 03:28 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Is Madden 20 worth purchasing this year if you consistently purchased in the past

I actually took off from work on madden 20's release date since I planned on getting it, but after seeing the reviews stating that the legacy issues weren't actually addressed, and that so little was added to the game I skipped it. I'm getting pretty tired of this yo-yo cycle with madden every year: either buy a poor game and see it's problems not being addressed, or play the much older games that have all of the features, and are much more complete.

I know it's tough since the football itch is there, but I couldn't reward ea with my money for a game that still takes things away, and occasionally adds a thing or 2 that were in the past games. The pro bowl for example shouldn't be used a selling point for a football game at this point, yet it is. It should have simply always been in the game period.

And since I'm an offline player only, the extremely minor updates to franchise, and the bad ai made that an easier(yet still annoying) choice for me. If I do get this game at some point, it will be used, so that ea doesn't get my money.

Also, remember when madden games had actual preorder bonuses, like a discount for the game? Now every year it's worthless mut packs, which are obviously designed to lure players into buying mut packs with their money.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:00 AM   #51
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

I’m going to wait and see what comes from the patches and mods on PC and how much is improved later. I have M19 and I’m fine with that for now after playing the trial of M20.

I’m a Franchise guy. There are gameplay elements I liked seeing and others that have actually cause more issues for CFM like some X Factors being to OP. So I gotta see if those issues get properly addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2019, 12:43 AM   #52
Pro

The game just not violent enough for me. It’s like the last 10 years the game has been handled like a infant. The way players tackle in this game is like u playing with a toddler. I just don’t get it why. I want to buy the game every year but this is the 5th year in a row I passed
Old 08-15-2019, 12:37 AM   #53
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Absolutely, largest single year upgrade in the history of Madden

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Agree to disagree.

PSN: ORLANDORUCKUS
YouTube: ORLANDORUCKUS
Home of the "DEFAULT FRANCHISE" Channel.
FIFA 19 Career Mode
Old 08-15-2019, 09:54 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin32
The game just not violent enough for me. It’s like the last 10 years the game has been handled like a infant. The way players tackle in this game is like u playing with a toddler. I just don’t get it why. I want to buy the game every year but this is the 5th year in a row I passed
That is how the actual NFL is trending, so that is why it is reflected in the game.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »