Home

Reviews are interesting

This is a discussion on Reviews are interesting within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2019, 01:37 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Reviews are interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Once the coverage gets fixed via patch or mod the game play will be fine (by fine I mean better than it’s been before). Most of “bad” reviews are due to PREVIOUS Madden’s causing Madden fatigue and frustration that Madden isn’t some other football game. Kind of like half of the complaints about Game of Thrones’ ending is that people didn’t get their fan fiction theories (the other half of the complaints are legitimate anger over the pacing/rushing of the ending).

But how do we know it will get patched? They already openly stated that they “Couldn’t get to zones this year” so it’s very clearly not a focus for them. Which is mind blowing considering they’ve had pass coverage issues for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2019, 01:44 PM   #10
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
Now that I've played the game for 8 hours and 12 minutes, I've been able to formulate my own opinions. I have to say that when I read reviews and they talk about how the game is heading into the right direction and all is well and blah, blah, blah, I kind of scratch my head... are they playing a different game?

Look, I'm not one to bash the game... I can truly accept that it is what it is. But when I can see even from the videos that EA posted, along with the first 2 times in playing that game that there are serious issues with pass coverage, yet you post your review and barely mention it-- or if you do mention it, present it as a meh... just a minor, minuscule issue, that's a problem for me.

Hey my man, your opinion is welcome just like everyone else's man. If this is how you feel...cool. Just remember though that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and their are others up here who'll prolly disagree with you. Don't take offense to it. You're not crazy tho.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:50 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
I know I am in the minority (I don't understand why) But I am of the opinion that this game is leaps and bounds better than 19. I have played 10 full games, and have YET to see anything that makes me go WTF. Nothing that unrealistic.

I'm also one that hasn't seen the issues with pass coverage that everyone else seems to be seeing. I play on All Madden, default sliders. And have not noticed anything out of the ordinary. Defensive backs get beat. There are holes in zone coverage. That's not "broken" pass coverage. It's football. It happens.

I still think (I could be wrong) that part of the issue with the "broken coverage" is some people just don't know what certain coverages do, and what situations to call them in.....
This 100%. You don't have to venture more than 5 minutes into one of these youtube videos claiming broken gameplay before realizing the user has absolutely no clue what they're doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2019, 02:05 PM   #12
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
But how do we know it will get patched? They already openly stated that they “Couldn’t get to zones this year” so it’s very clearly not a focus for them. Which is mind blowing considering they’ve had pass coverage issues for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just figured since there were so many complaints it’d be a priority.

But if it isn’t, it definitely will be modded, so at least PC players will have a fun game. Better than nothing, I suppose.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 08-01-2019, 02:07 PM   #13
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
I know I am in the minority (I don't understand why) But I am of the opinion that this game is leaps and bounds better than 19. I have played 10 full games, and have YET to see anything that makes me go WTF. Nothing that unrealistic.

I'm also one that hasn't seen the issues with pass coverage that everyone else seems to be seeing. I play on All Madden, default sliders. And have not noticed anything out of the ordinary. Defensive backs get beat. There are holes in zone coverage. That's not "broken" pass coverage. It's football. It happens.

I still think (I could be wrong) that part of the issue with the "broken coverage" is some people just don't know what certain coverages do, and what situations to call them in.....
Some of them, but there should be some situational awareness, especially with red zone zone coverage (User AI seems to think you defend outside instead of inside in that situation).
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 08-01-2019, 02:16 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Some of them, but there should be some situational awareness, especially with red zone zone coverage (User AI seems to think you defend outside instead of inside in that situation).
In years past you need to specify that pre-snap. Not sure why that would have changed. Doing so definitely improves red zone coverage (unless cpu throws an out route of course).
Old 08-01-2019, 02:50 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royerrulz
In years past you need to specify that pre-snap. Not sure why that would have changed. Doing so definitely improves red zone coverage (unless cpu throws an out route of course).
Exactly.....But you can adjust that at the line. I always shade inside when in the red zone, and it works pretty well...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2019, 03:00 PM   #16
Rookie

Love the gameplay this year. Just altering the throw trajectories and super linebackers made this game 10 times more enjoyable. The coverage isn't perfect but you can get it pretty good with sliders. Man to man defense, especially playing press works well this year. Blocking is weird at times but its not that bad. QBs with time to throw will pick apart zones, just like they do on Sundays.

If they can just make franchise deeper in the next couple years, I'm fine with everything else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »