Home

WTF. Why EA took away player names.

This is a discussion on WTF. Why EA took away player names. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2019, 11:36 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
WTF. Why EA took away player names.

I know I am a minority But what the hell. I play PTM and the first thing I notice is EA has taken away players highlighted names during the game. OH sure, If your a user, thumb jockey. You get them,

The game plays fast and when playing PTM. you have no idea who is in the game. Especially when playing preseason with all the subs. I don't get it. WHY.? What was the point, what reason to take hat away. They were there in 19 18, . Now only the user gets it. Wonder what brilliant idiot thought of that great move and for what reason.

They just can't leave good things alone. So why even bother to have settings Always on,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2019, 11:58 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: WTF. Why EA took away player names.

To be clear, your settings are set properly? You aren't playing on PC by chance, are you?

― Plato
Old 08-02-2019, 01:54 AM   #3
Pro

No.. PS4 .. Settings are correct. it even tells you. Names for Controlled only.. Not only that but PTM is completely broken What a mess. You can't skip play. It freezes up. Then it jumps for example. It may be 3rd and two and you try to skip play, next thing you see is its the other teams ball, 2nd and five. I have played 5 games so far and haven't got thru one with out a major screw up. The biggest thing is after a TD. somehow the same team has the ball. on there own 20. I think it's because the dam game plays so fast that it just skips and jumps forward. have had th ball on 1st down, the next thing I see is 3 and 15. I kicked off and the next thing i know is i have the ball 2 down on the 40.

But I have no doubt that this was never tested by anyone, because the game isn't made for players like myself. They could care less. It took me less than 1 minute in my first game to find these problems. Absolutely no excuse for this kind of crap. I only play PTM or coach and both are screwed up. 60 dollars wasted.
Old 08-02-2019, 05:43 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
No.. PS4 .. Settings are correct. it even tells you. Names for Controlled only.
Wait.. If it tells you in the setting "Name for controlled only", then it makes sense to not have other players names showing up...
Old 08-02-2019, 02:44 PM   #5
Pro

Uhhhh, Thanks for clearing that up.. The point was and is. WHY was it changed to Name for controlled only", it was never that way before. Why change now. For what reason. But it really don't matter anyway. PTM is so screwed up, it's unplayable. And that's the only way i play.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »