Home

Mattanite's M20 Franchise Tips

This is a discussion on Mattanite's M20 Franchise Tips within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2019, 09:38 AM   #49
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Geodude's M20 Franchise Tips

Great info. I'm surprised you didn't mention contract layout for CFM (or maybe I missed it). Doesn't need to be overly complicated, but having the ability to frontload, backload, or spread evenly would go a long way in how users manage their cap situation.
Old 08-16-2019, 04:25 PM   #50
Rookie

Oldsmobile19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
So. Using a custom roster uses the old threshold levels of:

Qb
60/70/80/90/95

Standard
85/90

OL/k/p/fb

If you start a cfm with current rosters it uses the lowered thresholds of

QB
60/70/80/85/90

Standard
70/80

OL/k/p/fb

USE CURRENT ROSTERS GUYS!!!

The lower thresholds are fantastic for differentiating between normal dev and superstar dev young players. Two 75ovr HB were the same before, now one gets Juke Box really early and whilst he's still a lower OVR HB, he does Juking much much better and feels a future superstar.

This is huge for regressing veterans, Big Ben now gets 4 abilities and Aaron Rodgers and Phillip Rivers get 5! But when those players regress they'll keep the abilities longer. So a regressed 85ovr Aaron Rodgers still keeps 4 abilities and as the Cowboys OL ages into the 70ovr rejoin they keep secure protector. Veterans will have something special in game that makes their years of learning their craft worth it!

Sent from my H3113 using Operation Sports mobile app

Any idea as to why have different thresholds for different rosters? Doesnt make any sense to me or maybe I am missing something.

I wonder if there will be an update to have them match because unfortunately started with the custom and not real time current rosters

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

https://www.youtube.com/user/oldsmobile19
Old 08-16-2019, 05:12 PM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsmobile19
Any idea as to why have different thresholds for different rosters? Doesnt make any sense to me or maybe I am missing something.

I wonder if there will be an update to have them match because unfortunately started with the custom and not real time current rosters

Do you know if superstar abilities make a difference in simmed games? I know it makes a difference for games you play and for the team your playing against but if those abilities don't matter in simmed games which I don't think they do those veterans abilities will not be adding value except when they play you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2019, 08:57 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
Better for player differences, but won't change xp for instance as Star+ is capped the same.

Age affects regression and the xp required for a skill point.

Sorry, could you clarify some more?
Old 08-16-2019, 09:22 PM   #53
Rookie

Hey Geodude great work! I’m trying to build a 2013 Seahawks defensive scheme for MUT. If you could, what archetypes and playbook would you recommend. I’m not very well versed on the defensive side of the ball.

Old 08-16-2019, 09:24 PM   #54
Rookie

Hey Geodude great work! I’m trying to build a 2013 Seahawks defensive scheme for MUT. If you could, what archetypes and playbook would you recommend. I’m not very well versed on the defensive side of the ball.
Old 08-17-2019, 05:01 AM   #55
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsmobile19

I don't know. I've tweeted the EA guys but I would 100% recommend starting with the current rosters for the lower thresholds. It's going to make a huge difference to the lifetime of your CFM.

I've checked between the 4 different major European sim leagues as to what each league started with and its a big enough thing some are discussing restarting.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2019, 05:03 AM   #56
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Do you know if superstar abilities make a difference in simmed games? I know it makes a difference for games you play and for the team your playing against but if those abilities don't matter in simmed games which I don't think they do those veterans abilities will not be adding value except when they play you.
I don't know, good question though... Would be be possible to test but you'd never be sure. You'd have to run a season with all xfactor qbs... Then run a season with no superstar qbs. Compare the stats and do enough seasons for enough data.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »