Home

2006-2033: Madden 20 Sim Stats vs. Real NFL Data

This is a discussion on 2006-2033: Madden 20 Sim Stats vs. Real NFL Data within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2019, 11:45 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 2006-2033: Madden 20 Sim Stats vs. Real NFL Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Last year there was an issue where QB’s would never attempt to rush in simmed games, is that issue still present?

It was stupid because rushing QB’s were only rushing like 12-15 times in an ENTIRE SEASON.

Any chance this was fixed?
Yes, this is still an issue. However, EA has acknowledged that it is an issue and stated that they are working to get it fixed. If they fix it correctly, it could solve a couple of sim stat issues. But who knows?!
Old 08-09-2019, 11:51 AM   #10
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Yes, this is still an issue. However, EA has acknowledged that it is an issue and stated that they are working to get it fixed. If they fix it correctly, it could solve a couple of sim stat issues. But who knows?!
Ugggh, bummer to hear, but thank you for confirming.

Seeing the same stat issues, the same ugly relocation uniforms Looman designed 8 years ago, same old broken zone coverage, and same boring sounding franchise... I think I’m gonna pass on Madden this year.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:58 PM   #11
MVP

XP slider could possibly help with the td numbers. Someone also mentioned that there was a lot of faked field goals in play the moments which could be a thing in the sim engine also. I do think yards per carry should be on the rise in the NFL over the next decade as more and more teams make personnel decisions based on stopping the pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2019, 02:59 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 1

Thanks again for this awesome post. I have yet to purchase the game this year for this very reason and it appears nothing was done to correct it. Here is what I know from last year after doing a deep dive on this. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PLAYBOOKS!!!

You can tweak the sim stats with playbooks but it requires you to super sim every game. Plus, the other issue I found with super sim was the lack of kick returns and penalties.

The big problem last year for rushing stats was that the QBs had no rushing numbers where QBs are normally in the 200-400 range for the season. Speaking for 19 only, if you look at the standard playbooks there were no QB running plays that had enough stars to get called. Even with Carolina. Add to that the QBs never scrambled and you get no QB rushing yards.

The reason for the field goal issue is because the plays in the red zone playbook are often money which makes the playbook over powered. I was able to get field goals up by toning down the plays in the red zone.

The sim stats can be helped greatly with editing playbooks and super sim. It is about making the right playbooks though and I honestly did not have the time to do it and eventually gave up on M19. I feel like this is something EA should easily be able to fix. All they have to do is tweak what the playbooks have starred. That is what is driving their sim engine. And unfortunately if you create a custom playbook you cannot make a CPU coach use is as the default playbook, you must change it before the game which is why you have to super sim every game. Unless this has changed for M20.

Fingers crossed this is something they fix because the fix is right there.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:27 PM   #13
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Hey all,

I read that one of the recent patches fixed how QB’s would have almost no rushing attempts in simmed games. Is it true this was finally fixed?

Any chance other weaknesses in sim stats have been addressed?

I still haven’t bothered to buy Madden this year, but if they are finally trying to address sim gamers, I might consider getting the game.

Any feedback appreciated...
Old 09-23-2019, 07:49 PM   #14
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Hey all,

I read that one of the recent patches fixed how QB’s would have almost no rushing attempts in simmed games. Is it true this was finally fixed?

Any chance other weaknesses in sim stats have been addressed?

I still haven’t bothered to buy Madden this year, but if they are finally trying to address sim gamers, I might consider getting the game.

Any feedback appreciated...
It's definitely a lot better than it was but just from my initial look at things it seemed like it messed up some other things. Right after the patch I ran a sim and there was a handful of teams who would have pretty realistic numbers but their long run for the entire year would be either 8 or 9 yards.

I'm not sure if anything else was adversely affected by it but specifically looking at the QB rushing stats, it was definitely significantly improved.
Old 10-05-2019, 03:58 PM   #15
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It's definitely a lot better than it was but just from my initial look at things it seemed like it messed up some other things. Right after the patch I ran a sim and there was a handful of teams who would have pretty realistic numbers but their long run for the entire year would be either 8 or 9 yards.

I'm not sure if anything else was adversely affected by it but specifically looking at the QB rushing stats, it was definitely significantly improved.
Thanks again for this great info.

I saw there was another patch (1.16) that seems pretty Franchise mode focused, which is good to see.

Any chance that patch did sim stats any better?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »