Home

Sacks are an issue on Madden 20?

This is a discussion on Sacks are an issue on Madden 20? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2019, 05:50 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Sacks are an issue on Madden 20?

I think pass rush is fine. And the slider is VERY sensitive for once. That being said simply playing on default the X factor boys are the ones that make it crazy.

In my Bears franchise Mack already has broken the single season record (23). It's week 5.

The rest of the guys are reasonable. I have like Floyd with 2, Hicks with 3 and Roquan Smith with 1. I think the slider just applies to "Regular" guys.

But the X factor boys? Forget it. Von Miller did the same thing to me when we played Denver. These guys need to be toned down a bit. They need to dominate but not break NFL records by week 5.

And no I never control Mack. I let the CPU control him. It's just off the and CPU can't deal with him.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2019, 05:54 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

I hope they don’t nerf the pass rush because I play all pro sim default 8 minute quarters no accel clock and it feels perfect.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:08 PM   #67
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs2016
I hope they don’t nerf the pass rush because I play all pro sim default 8 minute quarters no accel clock and it feels perfect.
Feels perfect.

what team do you use? would you mind posting your team stats defense sacks screenshot?

Pass rush is just a symptom and not the disease itself.- The bigger issue here is that QB AI can't handle realistic pass rush speed, they never did. Sack issues have been in madden since madden 2017, the last game that nail it was madden 2016. After that it was very common for user team to be top 5 in total sacks when playing 120 down avg combined.

Last edited by booker21; 08-06-2019 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:24 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 0

I'm playing on all pro with 8 min quarters and havent seen any outrageous sack stats yet

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2019, 09:42 PM   #69
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Sacks aren't the issue
Its we the gamers that need to be adjusting.. you cant just hang in the pocket or not make pre play adjustments and reads.

Just like QB in real life. Know your threats, assess your matchups , know your hots, and call your protection..

And if you have a crappy line. Your in for it.. gotta get creative.. wanna run deep routes or take shots but can't find time.. keep TE in & RB max protect..

Gameplan and adjust..

Sacks are an issue for those who try to do the same exact things every game to every opponent

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 08-06-2019, 11:04 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
Sacks aren't the issue
Its we the gamers that need to be adjusting.. you cant just hang in the pocket or not make pre play adjustments and reads.

Just like QB in real life. Know your threats, assess your matchups , know your hots, and call your protection..

And if you have a crappy line. Your in for it.. gotta get creative.. wanna run deep routes or take shots but can't find time.. keep TE in & RB max protect..

Gameplan and adjust..

Sacks are an issue for those who try to do the same exact things every game to every opponent

The vast majority of the time sliding the line, max protect or moving a tight end to the side of the pass rusher still results in the edge player getting a one on one matchup. What adjustments can be made to consistently double team or chip an elite pass rusher? How do players adjust when their given half measures?
Old 08-06-2019, 11:41 PM   #71
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
But the X factor boys? Forget it. Von Miller did the same thing to me when we played Denver. These guys need to be toned down a bit. They need to dominate but not break NFL records by week 5.
Has anybody tried toggling off the X Factor stuff before starting CFM to compare / contrast?

I'd try it myself, but I'm still a few weeks off form having gaming time, etc.

Thx!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2019, 12:13 AM   #72
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by squadron supreme
The vast majority of the time sliding the line, max protect or moving a tight end to the side of the pass rusher still results in the edge player getting a one on one matchup. What adjustments can be made to consistently double team or chip an elite pass rusher? How do players adjust when their given half measures?
While i agree things are half implemented slide Protection towards troublesome defender.

Practice hanging tight and climbing the pocket- slide but not roll out.. take check downs when u 1st see them. Half backs are better at picking up pressure. (You could also universally edit back blocking league wide) learn about i.d. and how it works in madden.. there's tools just got to figure out what works for you

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »