Home

Madden CPU Vs CPU Method

This is a discussion on Madden CPU Vs CPU Method within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2019, 08:39 AM   #1
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9
Madden CPU Vs CPU Method

Ok so in madden past you used to be able to watch CPU vs CPU games. Now it seems you cant do that anymore.

Last year I purchased a second controller because I am one of those who does like to watch a cpu game as well as play my scheduled game.

So I decided to fire up 19 and 20 and found that both plus 16 and 17 and 18, does not allow you to select a play book or game level option however it will let you choose a uniform.

Now when you select say for example browns vs Colts.

In play now you select a regular or custom playbook, and uniform, and desired play level, if you move the controller art back to either the middle or to the other team it resets it self.

So for those that says there able to watch CPU vs CPU games and use custom or regular playbooks how are you achieving this?

Whether it's in franchise or play now I cant get this to work even with 2 controllers.

And why is this even a issue, in 2k and mlb the show if I want to do this, it's no problem, yet in madden since atleast 16 - 20 this is an issue, on this gen.

Edit.
I also tweeted this to clint

https://twitter.com/Stormz_Warning/s...151620608?s=20

Last edited by StormsWarning; 08-04-2019 at 08:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2019, 08:44 AM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden CPU Vs CPU Method

I don't think you can do it with custom playbooks (except for one team), but I believe you can do it changing the playbooks (requires 32 team control). But I can't verify that because I don't do it. When I do a CPU vs CPU game (usually the Super Bowl if I fail to make it), I just use the default team playbooks.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 08:52 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

when you indicate you can only make the change for one team, is that assuming that the user is controlling only one team (i.e., not 32-team control)? I typically use 32-team control so perhaps we could customize the gameday playbooks in this situation? I know you don't play this way but wondering if other know.

Really on the fence this year on this game.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:05 AM   #4
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I don't think you can do it with custom playbooks (except for one team), but I believe you can do it changing the playbooks (requires 32 team control). But I can't verify that because I don't do it. When I do a CPU vs CPU game (usually the Super Bowl if I fail to make it), I just use the default team playbooks.
Well that's the thing, theres some guys over in the roster creation section that did figure out how to make it stick, but it was a certain method you had to do. In franchise I could get it to work but it would jumble the team at the center of the field and you couldnt play like that. I posted a video last year on it.

You can select the uniforms. Playbooks whether there custom or default, but once you move that controller it resets it self, and if you try to keep the controllers selected on both teams and go in game and try to move them back the feature is locked, you can move the controller.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:23 AM   #5
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

[quote=coach422001;2049858004]when you indicate you can only make the change for one team, is that assuming that the user is controlling only one team (i.e., not 32-team control)? I typically use 32-team control so perhaps we could customize the gameday playbooks in this situation? I know you don't play this way but wondering if other know.

Really on the fence this year on this year

Ok so I just tested this atleast in franchise mode for madden 20, using 2 controllers.

If your the user of the selected team and you select your playbook, uniforms it will hold, but you have to go within game and select the option of fast forwarding the game to the end of the game.

Now that's assuming you've selected 1 team, I didnt test all 32, but I'm assuming if your the selected team of that 32 this same sequence set up should work.

But for play now, you dont have this option to do any of this, because it resets itself and locks in game, on the controller method so I dont know how people are getting it to work in play now?

Ok edit again.

Ok so now in play now it seems to have worked but you do have to select both teams pause the game once on the field then you can disable both controllers from there and be able to watch the game.

I chose default different playbooks for both teams and I cant say if that worked or reset it self to default books, but uniforms did stick so I'm assuming playbooks and custom playbooks should work

Last edited by StormsWarning; 08-04-2019 at 09:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2019, 10:48 AM   #6
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Why can't you set the supersim speed to slow, and then jump forward to end of game? That is in fact cpu v cpu. Many of us do it all the time.
Old 08-04-2019, 12:21 PM   #7
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Why can't you set the supersim speed to slow, and then jump forward to end of game? That is in fact cpu v cpu. Many of us do it all the time.

I'm trying to get custom playbooks to work with both teams instead of just the 1 user selected team.

Even though I'm using both methods the one you mentioned and the play now method. I cant get both controllers to have a custom book, yes I can use the default west coast, spread etc books, but a book someone has made is not working in any mode, using two controllers.

And to be quite honest this will weigh extremely heavy on me creating classic rosters.

Last edited by StormsWarning; 08-04-2019 at 12:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »