Home

Drafting Questions

This is a discussion on Drafting Questions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2019, 06:40 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Drafting Questions

Back to the franchise after 10 years away.

When scouting players when I find someone who says “Projected 5th Round” but has a 2nd round talent. Does the computer also know this? Should I wait until the 4th or 5th round of If they are 2nd round talent, do I draft in 2nd round?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2019, 07:43 PM   #2
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Drafting Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozatta
Back to the franchise after 10 years away.

When scouting players when I find someone who says “Projected 5th Round” but has a 2nd round talent. Does the computer also know this? Should I wait until the 4th or 5th round of If they are 2nd round talent, do I draft in 2nd round?
The CPU knows but be mindful because anything over 1 round higher talent wise usually is not that level talent. That projected 5th round showing 2nd round talent is probably 4th round talent.

The CPU will draft that player in late round 3 or round 4.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 08-04-2019, 07:51 PM   #3
MVP

This year the cpu is a lot more aggressive in getting those gems than in the past. Usually, you would have a good chance of getting gems a round ahead of where they were projected. Not this year.
Old 08-04-2019, 08:13 PM   #4
Pro

Anyone have a workaround for custom draft classes? No matter who gets scouted they all show 1st round talent

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2019, 11:37 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
This year the cpu is a lot more aggressive in getting those gems than in the past. Usually, you would have a good chance of getting gems a round ahead of where they were projected. Not this year.
This is true in the 4 year SIM franchise I did last night.

When scouting you wanna prioritize the actual attributes you can scout. I drafted some Red Diamond guys that had B/B+ across the board on OL/DL and WR/CB that were solid guys. If the green diamond is better than projected round there's a decent chance of star development.

And bank on every attribute being worse than the scouting grade. "A-" is definitely not in the low 90s but more likely mid-80s. Struck out on multiple QBs that had A- power and B or B+ for the other two and attributes ended up at 87-88 throw power and mid-70s accuracies. Two were 1st round talent / Mid 1st round diamond and came out Normal Dev and 63-65ovr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2019, 08:32 AM   #6
Rookie

For late round projected players, I generally try to take a player one round before at the latest. So if a player is projected mid 5th and I was really interested in him, I'd generally try to take him by the 10th pick in the 4th.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:45 AM   #7
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack317
Anyone have a workaround for custom draft classes? No matter who gets scouted they all show 1st round talent

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I think this happened in 19 as well, the thing that fixed it was altering a single thing in the class in Edit Mode, something as simple as changing a player's pad height by 1 or something, it could be anything; and then re-saving it.

Try that and see if it works for you.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:47 AM   #8
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlankau
And bank on every attribute being worse than the scouting grade. "A-" is definitely not in the low 90s but more likely mid-80s. Struck out on multiple QBs that had A- power and B or B+ for the other two and attributes ended up at 87-88 throw power and mid-70s accuracies. Two were 1st round talent / Mid 1st round diamond and came out Normal Dev and 63-65ovr
Draft Ratings are relative to everyone else at the same position in the Draft now, i.e. instead of A+ being a similar range for everyone at the same position, A+ just means that player has an A+ rating compared to the rest of the players of his position.

So, if the QB class all have weaker arms, A+ Throw Power could mean 89 tops. If they have stronger arms, it could mean up to a 93.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »