Home

Having Trouble With D Line Pass Rushing Moves

This is a discussion on Having Trouble With D Line Pass Rushing Moves within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2019, 07:56 PM   #1
Rookie

DomisLive's Arena

OVR: 0
Having Trouble With D Line Pass Rushing Moves

Hi I’ve been playing madden for years but this year idk what’s going on but I can’t get to the quarterback, when Perform a move rushing the quarterback whether it’s a power or finesse move it says early I don’t understand what’s going on why is it saying early, what dictates it saying early ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2019, 08:04 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Having Trouble With D Line Pass Rushing Moves

I don’t know but it’s horrible and I sure love how they removed the dynamic DL moves from the right stick and replaced them with a goddam QTE nobody asked for.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-05-2019, 08:33 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
I don’t know but it’s horrible and I sure love how they removed the dynamic DL moves from the right stick and replaced them with a goddam QTE nobody asked for.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Same. Was so much better and simpler in the past. They seem to change it every year just for the sake of change

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2019, 05:39 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

Agree, no idea how to get off blocks and not sure why they had to change it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2019, 11:00 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomisLive
Hi I’ve been playing madden for years but this year idk what’s going on but I can’t get to the quarterback, when Perform a move rushing the quarterback whether it’s a power or finesse move it says early I don’t understand what’s going on why is it saying early, what dictates it saying early ?
The banner prompt is a light blue, when it changes to a darker blue thats your cue to use your pass rush move. When you time this right your move works, albeit sometimes really well and sometimes just ok. Keep a close eye on the color change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2019, 11:37 AM   #6
MVP

Absolutely no disrespect intended towards anybody's opinions here, but I've found that controlling a DE is amazing in Madden 20. I am playing on All Pro, with significant reduction to my User Sliders.

I suggest giving this a try: Controls pertain to XBOX. First, jump the snap and then get off the trigger. Next, get your defensive lineman into the blocker and then push the stick and hit "X" to begin driving him back. From there, you can attempt to spin off the blocker by aiming your stick in the direction you want to go while pressing "A". Rather than hitting "X" first, you can go right to your spin move if desired, but you've got to be into the blocker. If you try to power or spin too soon, the offensive lineman has time to adjust and will sit down on your rush.

Be mindful of the game situation, as this may leave you quite vulnerable to an outside run/RPO since this may compromise your outside run fit.

Does this guarantee a win outcome everytime? Of course not, but I've been able to collapse the pocket on numerous occasions and either force an errant pass or register a sack.

It's not easy. It takes practice, but you will find that if timed correctly, you are not stuck in an animation as was prevalent in previous versions. Good luck.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:50 AM   #7
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
Absolutely no disrespect intended towards anybody's opinions here, but I've found that controlling a DE is amazing in Madden 20. I am playing on All Pro, with significant reduction to my User Sliders.

I suggest giving this a try: Controls pertain to XBOX. First, jump the snap and then get off the trigger. Next, get your defensive lineman into the blocker and then push the stick and hit "X" to begin driving him back. From there, you can attempt to spin off the blocker by aiming your stick in the direction you want to go while pressing "A". Rather than hitting "X" first, you can go right to your spin move if desired, but you've got to be into the blocker. If you try to power or spin too soon, the offensive lineman has time to adjust and will sit down on your rush.

Be mindful of the game situation, as this may leave you quite vulnerable to an outside run/RPO since this may compromise your outside run fit.

Does this guarantee a win outcome everytime? Of course not, but I've been able to collapse the pocket on numerous occasions and either force an errant pass or register a sack.

It's not easy. It takes practice, but you will find that if timed correctly, you are not stuck in an animation as was prevalent in previous versions. Good luck.
When I lay off the trigger my defensive lineman disengages his blocker and starts going into flat coverage it's really weird. The only way I can keep him engaged with the blocker is to hold down the trigger the entire time
Old 08-06-2019, 11:54 AM   #8

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_jank
The banner prompt is a light blue, when it changes to a darker blue thats your cue to use your pass rush move. When you time this right your move works, albeit sometimes really well and sometimes just ok. Keep a close eye on the color change.
This is correct. The little icon pops up with the corresponding button and it says finesse or power. However it’s dull. When it actually lights up is when you wanna hit the button to do the pass rush move op. It’s not a guaranteed win, but you’ll get more pressure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »