Home

Madden NFL 20: Scenario Engine Thoughts

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20: Scenario Engine Thoughts within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2019, 12:08 PM   #9
Rookie

Oldsmobile19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20: Scenario Engine Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
During the beta, we saw the reporter before the first preseason game and then she disappeared. Other than that, the majority of us only saw the messages about x-factors, which i barely credit as part of the scenario engine because they are not dynamic. They're the same every time.

At that time, those of us who complained about how minimal the implementation of this big ticket addition to CFM were met with "this is just the beta" and "this is an old build" responses guaranteeing that the final product would have much more implementation of the scenario engine.

I'm in Year 2 of my CFM and I'm near the end of Year 1 in QB1 and the scenario engine has gone missing in both. I haven't seen a single scenario (outside of the xfactor stuff that is boring and repetitive) since week 6 of either of them. Nothing. I had a rookie win Offensive POY and another win Defensive POY last year and guess what... no scenarios the whole year about them. No "breakout player" scenarios that we kept hearing about.

I'm curious to hear what everyone else's impressions are because I feel like it's a quasi-scam at this point. All of these big promises have fallen 90% flat for this scenario engine. Even the scenarios that i did encounter like the Get your WR the ball one didn't work right. WR wants to be more involved so i give him 10 catches, 150 yds, 2 tds... after the game is he psyched? Nope. Mad that I didn't give him a chance to contribute. I had an RB in QB1 upset about a lack of touches so the goal was to get him 100 combined rushing/receiving yards. He had 150 combined and 2 tds and after the game he apologized for not producing. So even when these 2 scenarios have triggered they aren't working properly. But to only have 2 real scenarios trigger in nearly 3 years of CFM is ridiculous.

What is your experience with it?

In your franchise did you pick coach? You will get more scenarios to pop up as a coach compared to owner (like Mentorship, Breakout Player) but hopefully more will be added as the game progesses this cycle. The game as “officially” been out 5 days, so I am just being patient and hoping more scenarios are to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

https://www.youtube.com/user/oldsmobile19
Old 08-06-2019, 12:14 PM   #10
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

If you want to see what it should be like then play Face Of The Franchise. There’s been a scenario almost every week, and it’s kind of fun having banter with the star players you’re facing that week and trying to prove them wrong. They definitely should NOT get rid of it and need to keep building on it in the future and expand on it this year with live content like they have mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2019, 12:21 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsmobile19
In your franchise did you pick coach? You will get more scenarios to pop up as a coach compared to owner (like Mentorship, Breakout Player) but hopefully more will be added as the game progesses this cycle. The game as “officially” been out 5 days, so I am just being patient and hoping more scenarios are to come.

I had heard that owner mode didn't get any scenarios compared to being a coach, glad to have some confirmation. Anyone who has taken a shot at being an owner and maybe relocating get any fun scenarios that make it worth it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2019, 12:32 PM   #12
Rookie

I had a dev trait scenario pop up in QB1 for my WR. My issue was that I could not remember the yardage and TD totals required. Is there a place to find the scenario goals to refresh your memory and/or check your progress?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2019, 12:39 PM   #13
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I agree with you guys that this is a great idea, but just pathetic implementation. It has the potential to add depth to the mode, but is a complete bust at this point. It's honestly surprising that they added it in with how minimal the execution has been. It's embarrassing for them to sell this as much as they did when it is as lame as it is. They had to know they were overselling it.
That's what I'm most surprised about, it's so bare bones and doesn't even affect CPU teams so I'm surprised that they implemented it. Even for EA sports this was a pretty half baked attempt at a new feature. My guess is they needed another big selling point for this development cycle so they just decided to implement it quickly even though it was unfinished to have another back of the box feature to sell.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2019, 12:48 PM   #14
MVP

tru11's Arena

got the lady reporter congratulating me with a win even though i lost 3 times in a row.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:48 PM   #15
Banned

TheOncomingStorm's Arena

OVR: 5

Remember all the people ranting about how the Scenario Engine wouldn't be active for CPU teams, and I (and some others) kept telling them that wouldn't matter if the Scenario Engine wasn't worthy for users in the first place?

Good times...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2019, 12:48 PM   #16
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsmobile19

Yeah man i'm coach and still seeing nothing. Went against AB last week and there wasn't one of the boring ones for him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »