Home

Madden NFL 20: Scenario Engine Thoughts

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20: Scenario Engine Thoughts within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2019, 02:58 PM   #25
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20: Scenario Engine Thoughts

Owner

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2019, 03:00 PM   #26
Rookie

It's a good idea, just needs expanded on. I'll see how they add on to it over the next couple months but right now, pretty disappointing overall. Pretty much the same thing over and over again. They need to at least add holdouts and trade requests for it to become what it could be.
Old 08-06-2019, 03:04 PM   #27
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

I have a few thoughts on it:

1. I wish it wasn't the same reporter in every franchise I do who has the same rehashed lines over and over again. I would match rather prefer if it was an actual NFL network personality. No offense to Taylor Bennett, I am sure she's an excellent reporter but I am pretty sure there's more than 1 reporter covering the NFL. Even if each team had a different reporter it would be better.

2. The coach scenarios "Stop X LB" are a stark reminder of how badly this game needs coach hiring/firing and full coaching staffs. Seeing a blank silhouette from a nameless/faceless coach just feels empty.

3. I do like the older player mentoring the younger player situations but so far it's only happened with offensive lineman.

4. I would love to see realistic scenarios like contract holdouts, players suspended etc. Some of that is in Madden Mobile which is an even bigger slap in the face.

5. I "love" when the scenario is to get a certain player more playing time, he gets injured in the first half and then complains about not being used. Or it doesn't give you an actual goal and the player has 100 yards rushing and 1 TD and still complains about not being used. Both suffer morale hits.

6. They are incredibly repetitive and simplistic but I actually like them more than not having them. Just hopefully they can build on the system.

Last edited by Sheba2011; 08-06-2019 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 03:06 PM   #28
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I have a few thoughts on it:

1. I wish it wasn't the same reporter in every franchise I do who has the same rehashed lines over and over again. I would match rather prefer if it was an actual NFL network personality.

2. The coach scenarios "Stop X LB" are a stark reminder of how badly this game needs coach hiring/firing and full coaching staffs. Seeing a blank silhouette from a nameless/faceless coach just feels empty.

3. I do like the older player mentoring the younger player situations but so far it's only happened with offensive lineman.

4. I would love to see realistic scenarios like contract holdouts, players suspended etc. Some of that is in Madden Mobile which is an even bigger slap in the face.

5. They are incredibly repetitive and simplistic but I actually like them more than not having them. Just hopefully they can build on the system.
In my 32 man league every single team gets this and the same result every time. We need dynamic scenarios. David Bahktiari should be a better mentor than some 32 year old 71 overall OL.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 08-06-2019, 03:13 PM   #29
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
This one boggles my mind. How on Earth could you implement these Defensive/Offensive Scheming scenarios and be completely fine with a blank nothingness and Off./Def. Coordinator sitting there. It breaks the world so damn much for me.

It'd just be nice if it was an actual person with a face. Take it one step further and it'd be amazing if they actually presented different ideas with how to face a player. Against JJ Watt maybe one Off. Coordinator will suggest lots of passes to the RB out of the backfield while maybe another will suggest lots of quick slants to the slot WR.

Like most of Madden's mechanics the Scenario Engine is just super vanilla, repetitive and really comes across as simple and basic.
Old 08-06-2019, 03:13 PM   #30
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
In my 32 man league every single team gets this and the same result every time. We need dynamic scenarios. David Bahktiari should be a better mentor than some 32 year old 71 overall OL.
Yea for me the "leader" is always my backup RT or someone else who doesn't actually start and the guy they pick to mentor is hit and miss. Sometimes it's one of my promising young rookies, other times it's a camp body who I signed because of an injury and will cut the next week.
Old 08-06-2019, 03:24 PM   #31
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
My biggest issue (aside from the obvious CURRENT lack of scenario variety). There need to be NEGATIVE consequences.

My lord, it's like these scenarios were written by someone who believes that everyone deserves a medal or participation trophy!

Had a scenario where Guice wanted more touches. Well, AP was out with an injury, so I fed Guice the ball. But, Guice was stymied and even though he got a lot of touches, he didn't produce.

He comes back, says something along the lines of "Sorry, you did your part coach, but I didn't produce." That's a great response....and added the smallest touch of personality (like I nearly felt for the guy). I was like, "Hey, that's a cool way to end the scenario". But then I get the pop-ups....my receivers all get a +increase in XP and Guice gets a boost to Morale! Like, what?!!! You fail at your objectives and get REWARDED for it? Guice should have gotten a negative XP adjustment, or a drop to ratings or something.

EA needs to take the kids' gloves off and make real consequences....it's just like the old confidence system - it's too one-sided and franchise will never grow until there are both positive AND negative outcomes.
This is where the casual user REALLY holds things back and I hope people scream from the rooftops about wanting more negative and impactful outcomes from scenarios.

Right now, the current viewpoint is that the negative consequence from that kind of scenario is simply not getting the reward. You missed out on a large chunk of XP or in certain cases a bump in DEV trait and the fact that you missed out is the negative part of the scenario and any additional penalty is looked at as piling on to an already "negative" outcome. And the reason I use "negative" is because you're essentially playing with house money as there's no risk to playing one way or another and it makes a lot of scenarios feel like dead ends because the player wants one thing, you do another and where there should be conflict or adversity, nothing happens.

Take the X-Factor scenarios for example, there's really no reason to do anything but try and negate X-Factors every week you play them as the only difference between the other two choices is the difficulty and level of the reward. If you plan to negate Khalil Mack and you do, you get handsomely rewarded for taking the risk. Meanwhile if you do the same and Khalil Mack sacks you 14 times in one game, you miss out on the reward and move on to the next. It's not a balanced system at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2019, 03:46 PM   #32
Rookie

Giants4Life's Arena

This is INCREDIBLY Bad execution.

Scenerio Engine is cluttered text messages of small text on the screen that has little to no impact on the franchise. And hard to read even on a 65in TV.

I mean the just the blank coaches faces alone, how hard could it be to just put in fake faces or something...

This is the opposite of immersion... its clicking button.. its candy crush

its like the developed Face of the franchise and the Scenerio engine in 2 days of programming... this is last gen crap at best

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »