Home

Ultimate superstar version worth it?

This is a discussion on Ultimate superstar version worth it? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2019, 08:58 AM   #9
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Ultimate superstar version worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
They really kind of overcomplicate the matter... It doesn't need to be so convoluted. I made a post about how EA Triburon needs to take a page out of the San Diego Studios playbook and make it easier for new players, and still keep it a challenge.

This whole upgrade nonsense is ridiculous and unnecessary. Diamond Dynasty is by far the best card collection/game mode available. And there are at least 6 sub modes in diamond dynasty.ive had the game since the day of release (The Show) and not once did I have to question "why exactly am I doing this?". Each move has a purpose, and not bogged down by menu after menu.

What kills me is I really enjoy playing Madden. But they seriously need to overhaul the way they do MUT, &FUT. Because there's too much disconnect between "my" team, and the guys I run out onto the field.

This is rehashed from my other post, but I'll be brief... First, they're cards... They should get together with Topps or Fleer and use those as the 'stand in'. Second, this player upgrading is nonsense. They need to do away with it. If I pull a 90 Mahomes, that's who I've got. Right now I have an 85 Rothlisburger as my QB, and it works. Christian McCaffrey is my RB, and I had to use training points for him to go from a 74 to an 82. He's actually more overpowered than a guy like, for instance, Derrick Henry, who began at an 85. If you're going to have upgraded players, don't pick and choose.
While I actually have been getting in to ultimate team this year, more so than usual I will agree with you that I still enjoy Diamond Dynasty far more. The menus while better this year are still cluttered and can be tough to navigate at first. As far as upgrades, I'm not a big fan of them either and really enjoy DD because I really like that you get the card that you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
One thing that boggles my mind is there are no profile statistics. For a football game. Stats are kind of how we go about getting that next great QB, or RB... But personal stats are a no brainier. Again, I can look at diamond dynasty, and see what I've hit, my OB%, My slash line as well as hits, homers, Ka etc. It's a sports game. Stats are kind of a big deal.
Yea this one boggles my mind, I love the stats it tracks in Diamond Dynasty and wish they would do the same in ultimate team. I remember there being a moment in time for just basic online head2head in madden they used to track certain stats and tendencies but I don't think that's when there anymore.

Another big reason I get so much enjoyment out of diamond dynasty is the online gameplay. The game for the most part rewards people who mix up there pitches and people who are patient at the plate and work counts. With madden online play largely consists of people trying to find the next exploit or running a gameplan that consists of only a few money plays. Now this is definitely mostly due to the fact that it's way easier to exploit a football game than a baseball game. I also love the fact that you earn some stubs for diamond dynasty while playing other modes like road to the show and franchise. I wish Madden would do the same with coins, even if it's at less of a rate that you would earn them playing ultimate team because being primarily a franchise guy I don't want to dedicate all of my play time to MUT.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2019, 09:47 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Ultimate superstar version worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Yes, I too dislike when someone spends their own money on something that they enjoy. Oh man, it's just terrible.
Very well said! I love MUT. I don't give a crap if that makes anyone oh so disappointed or upset, LOL

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »