Home

Relocating in Owner Mode

This is a discussion on Relocating in Owner Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2019, 09:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Relocating in Owner Mode

Hey everyone. I've always wanted to relocate a franchise and build my own legacy. But my first try came in the flawed Madden 15, and I was bankrupt in two seasons.

I'm just wondering if it has become easier by this year to relocate, and still be able to upgrade your team and afford to spend some decent money on players to be competitive?

I don't want to dedicate days and seasons to a franchise only to have it all be for nothing within my first couple years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2019, 09:50 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Relocating in Owner Mode

A big thing I notice straight up is they give you more money to begin with ($300M seems common). So you should be able to move without going bankrupt.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:52 AM   #3
Rookie

It probably depends on where you relocate. I had a great franchise last year moving the Bills to London. The market size in the new city seems to be vital, and choosing a financial mogul type owner makes it slightly easier.

I'm not playing owner mode this year as it doesn't utilise the scenario engine to the degree playing as a coach does.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:39 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhughthom
It probably depends on where you relocate. I had a great franchise last year moving the Bills to London. The market size in the new city seems to be vital, and choosing a financial mogul type owner makes it slightly easier.

I'm not playing owner mode this year as it doesn't utilise the scenario engine to the degree playing as a coach does.
I wasn't aware there were less scenarios as an owner than as a coach, that's a big dealbreaker. Thanks!
Old 08-06-2019, 01:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Just turn relocate option to everyone , relocate as an owner (finally thing to pick is like week 7?) Then retire and become the coach , turn relocate option back to normal or off and the following season you will still move.

I move like 5 teams my first season and then retire most of those teams and play a coach for one of them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2019, 07:04 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbott24
Just turn relocate option to everyone , relocate as an owner (finally thing to pick is like week 7?) Then retire and become the coach , turn relocate option back to normal or off and the following season you will still move.

I move like 5 teams my first season and then retire most of those teams and play a coach for one of them

I didn't know you could do this, how do you jump from being an owner to a coach in the same franchise in-season? And any chance you can create a coach doing that?
Old 08-06-2019, 07:29 PM   #7
Rookie

Shards's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitchenSink
I didn't know you could do this, how do you jump from being an owner to a coach in the same franchise in-season? And any chance you can create a coach doing that?
Create an owner and then move the team. Make sure you get through the whole process. Than you can retire your owner and create a coach that will control the same team. That way you can experience the crappy new scenario engine to it's fullest repetitive glory.

Sorry but the scenario engine was old before the second half of the season was over. You don't get the full scenario engine when you are an owner but you can't relocate when you are a coach.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:36 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shards
Create an owner and then move the team. Make sure you get through the whole process. Than you can retire your owner and create a coach that will control the same team. That way you can experience the crappy new scenario engine to it's fullest repetitive glory.

Sorry but the scenario engine was old before the second half of the season was over. You don't get the full scenario engine when you are an owner but you can't relocate when you are a coach.

Just banking on it getting better and some more variety with future patches and added scenarios. Thanks for the help!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »