Home

X-factor players

This is a discussion on X-factor players within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2019, 11:17 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: X-factor players

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
X-factors are awesome, they make the best players stand out and give the game personality. To each their own but I don't understand why folks would want to just go back to every team playing mostly the same as the other..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the issue is that they already spread out ratings pretty substantially, so teams play very different even with it off.

As others have srated above, the abilities affect other things than just that players stats. QBs with these ratings appear to be the cause of some of the moronic cb coverage - this is why I suspect people are reporting mixed results on pass coverage.

No superstar qb = normal coverage,
Superstar qb = 100% completion.

This is regardless of actual status (i.e. in the zone)
Old 08-08-2019, 11:22 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah, I'm gonna be careful not to throw out the baby with the bathwater. I really like what the abilities brings to the table. The only one we need to fix is the enforcer and there are ways to do that without abandoning the system entirely. Keep in mind there aren't very many players that have this ability and I won't lie, there is some fun in trying to just avoid them entirely. The game is not subtle in identifying them.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:27 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royerrulz
I think the issue is that they already spread out ratings pretty substantially, so teams play very different even with it off.

As others have srated above, the abilities affect other things than just that players stats. QBs with these ratings appear to be the cause of some of the moronic cb coverage - this is why I suspect people are reporting mixed results on pass coverage.

No superstar qb = normal coverage,
Superstar qb = 100% completion.

This is regardless of actual status (i.e. in the zone)
I haven't experienced this issue in particular. I use Armors sliders and generate a fair amount of pressure. I see mixed results. Someone like Brady had a 70% completion percentage whereas when we faced an inaccurate QB he had really crappy numbers.

Be mindful of checkdowns this year and remember that (just like in real life) preseason games are not at all indicative of how the regular season will play out. When I say "be mindful of checkdowns this year" I mean alter your coverages. Either have someone cover "hard flat" or do it yourself because that is one thing the CPU just doesn't do very well in my experience.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:32 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theseos
I haven't experienced this issue in particular. I use Armors sliders and generate a fair amount of pressure. I see mixed results. Someone like Brady had a 70% completion percentage whereas when we faced an inaccurate QB he had really crappy numbers.

Be mindful of checkdowns this year and remember that (just like in real life) preseason games are not at all indicative of how the regular season will play out. When I say "be mindful of checkdowns this year" I mean alter your coverages. Either have someone cover "hard flat" or do it yourself because that is one thing the CPU just doesn't do very well in my experience.
On all-madden superstar qbs will basically hit 100% every time. Theres nothing you can about it because the cb's will literally run away from the ball. That means if the cpu throws a 60yd bomb to endzone its a td every single time.

This never happens with non superstar qbs however, so something about the logic is messed up in the background. Matxhups with teams with few to no superstars have gameplay that is miles ahead of 19
Old 08-08-2019, 11:37 AM   #21
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

I have to continually throw an extra player at the edge rushers otherwise they will get a lot of sacks. Bosa got multiple sacks on me playing the Dolphins. Jordan as well. It is guaranteed sack records will be broken if you don't.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 11:56 AM   #22
MVP

Lil Worm's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
Did it negatively impact your slider set when you turned it off or no?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

No sir game played much better in my opinion. Fumble sliders back to 50 as well.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:03 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
I have to continually throw an extra player at the edge rushers otherwise they will get a lot of sacks. Bosa got multiple sacks on me playing the Dolphins. Jordan as well. It is guaranteed sack records will be broken if you don't.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Yep...that sounds like football to me

These guys are supposed to be game changers...if you can't be bothered to adjust then the game can't be blamed for the results (imo). I agree that these numbers for fumbles and sacks sounds like a lot but at the same time I find myself wondering, how/why didn't you adjust? I've found a lot of times early in a game the CPU will throw heavy pressure at me....until I burn them over the top...then all the sudden I have as much time as I could ever want in the pocket.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:05 PM   #24
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
X-factors are awesome, they make the best players stand out and give the game personality. To each their own but I don't understand why folks would want to just go back to every team playing mostly the same as the other..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It plays well enough if you are playing short one off games. H2H guys want to see more action packed into shorter games, that’s fine. But it causes issues within longer games in a Franchise.

The ratings spread alone did everything we needed so special players play better now for the most part. But giving a guy something like 90 - 99 hit power and enforcer XF is too much now, esp for 12 - 15 minute quarters.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »