Home

Turning off X factor?

This is a discussion on Turning off X factor? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2020, 08:11 PM   #25
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Turning off X factor?

I shut that thing off with the quickness when I started. It's way too arcade. Differentiating players is a good concept, but turning into science fiction and making it so that users do things contrary to solid football strategy in order to feed them ruins the idea.

https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2020, 09:45 PM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelheat226
Hey guys, if I turn off Xfactors/Superstars for a game, will it erase those traits? Or can I freely turn them on & off and they return everytime?
I am not 100% sure, but I believe they all stay. You can still see the traits and see they are Xfactors on their player cards and if you go into the "Edit player" screen. The abilities just to not function in game.

I have not tested to see if what happens in game when you turn abilities back on.
Old 04-19-2020, 09:48 PM   #27
MVP

While I find the concept of Xfactors and abilities to be good on the surface, it was poorly implemented. The whole in the zone stuff is beyond ridiculous and instead of simply differentiating players it creates overpowered players. Then, the on-field icons are such an eye-sore. I prefer to play with as few game graphics as possible.

In terms of gameplay, I think games play much smoother and better with the abilities turned off. If the ratings are done properly, the star players will standout with no need of the abilities.
Old 04-20-2020, 09:00 AM   #28
Rookie

SOU7GLO's Arena

Turning off X factor?

We completed 4 online CFM seasons with X Factor/SS abilities turned on and the stats and gameplay was out of control.

We recently started a new CFM with abilities turned off and the gameplay is much better for Madden standards. No one is rushing for 200 yards every game. Sacks totals are realistic because no player can instantly sprint to the QB or insta shed the oline.

The feedback around our league has been positive. We should’ve done this awhile ago.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:09 PM   #29
Pro

I was very hesitant to do so but on the All Madden level, I HAD to turn it off. X Factor reminds me the old Pac Man games (yeah I'm that old) where once Pac Man eats the power pellet, he is unstoppable for the next 10 seconds. I just couldn't handle it anymore.

But on top of that, I had to drop practically all the AI sliders down to the single digits to get a decent game play out of it otherwise the AI will average 6 yards a carry and complete 22/24 passes.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:16 AM   #30
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
But on top of that, I had to drop practically all the AI sliders down to the single digits to get a decent game play out of it otherwise the AI will average 6 yards a carry and complete 22/24 passes.

What defense are you running? On All Madden, with X Factors, I've never seen the AI average 6 yds a carry, let alone 4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »