Home

Angry joe goes to town again watch for a laugh!

This is a discussion on Angry joe goes to town again watch for a laugh! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2019, 09:55 AM   #57
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Angry joe goes to town again watch for a laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
No, EA Tibs laid off people, too. I saw the goodbye tweets in the spring on Twitter and I linked a article a month or two ago in here.
To be frank, there was no real financial justification for that. Yeah, they messed up big with that Disney game (that was it, right?), but they still had hundreds of millions of dollars to play with. That was corporate greed, pure and simple.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:59 AM   #58
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
To be frank, there was no real financial justification for that. Yeah, they messed up big with that Disney game (that was it, right?), but they still had hundreds of millions of dollars to play with. That was corporate greed, pure and simple.
How is it corporate greed? Because u found no justification for their actions?

Instead of condemning corporations, maybe invest in them and try to make money?

Or start your own corporation and hire thousands of people and pay them what you feel they are worth.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 08-12-2019 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-12-2019, 02:58 PM   #59
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, Clint and Anthony White don't know football, oy..............ok.

Man, sinthos, you know how close I am from stating X and Y determine how Madden is produced, not the developers.

How can EA Tibs hire anyone they want when they laid off employees in the spring? A company doesn't lay off employees in the spring and add employees in August, it doesn't make business sense.

I used to be guilty of this thinking: Clint was a back-up offensive tackle and has no idea how football works. Then I realized the dev cycle for Madden is just not realistic for these developers. Trying to completely revamp, overhaul, and improve a flawed (IMO) foundation in under a year is impossible.

I stick to older Maddens because I feel the game engines are better suited for football. They’re not perfect, but I think they’re more fun and believable to me.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:14 PM   #60
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig

I stick to older Maddens because I feel the game engines are better suited for football. They’re not perfect, but I think they’re more fun and believable to me.
I respect that, but for me, it's the other way around, albeit for some glitches that need fixing, 20 is more fun and believable to me vs the older games.

To each their own.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:15 PM   #61
Pro

sinthros's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, Clint and Anthony White don't know football, oy..............ok.

Man, sinthos, you know how close I am from stating X and Y determine how Madden is produced, not the developers.

How can EA Tibs hire anyone they want when they laid off employees in the spring? A company doesn't lay off employees in the spring and add employees in August, it doesn't make business sense.
LOL i just saw this, but yeah
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2019, 05:46 PM   #62
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Another case of someone question the spending habits of people they don't know.
How many times do I have to say it.. it’s be aged of people like that, that the MUT modes and mictrotransactioms and loot boxes of gaming is ruining sports games.

Sports games are trying to be fortnite now I mean for god sake Mlb the show had a battle Royale mode now, trying to get $$$ from people wasting money.

The simple answer is for franchise yo get better or even be worked on is for these modes to end it won’t happen because to many people have no idea what they are buying it’s just like gambling, why do you think it’s compared to that?
Old 08-12-2019, 06:45 PM   #63
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
How many times do I have to say it.. it’s be aged of people like that, that the MUT modes and mictrotransactioms and loot boxes of gaming is ruining sports games.

Sports games are trying to be fortnite now I mean for god sake Mlb the show had a battle Royale mode now, trying to get $$$ from people wasting money.

The simple answer is for franchise yo get better or even be worked on is for these modes to end it won’t happen because to many people have no idea what they are buying it’s just like gambling, why do you think it’s compared to that?
You don't need to say it any more, it's a topic that been beaten to a horse around here and quite frankly, I topic I don't wish to digress more on if it continues going in that direction.

That topic is a topic for the law and courts.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:39 PM   #64
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Icon14 Re: Angry joe goes to town again watch for a laugh!

Quote:
You don't need to say it any more, it's a topic that been beaten to a horsI kne around here and quite frankly, I topic I don't wish to digress more on if it continues going in that direction.

That topic is a topic for the law and courts.
I know but you keep asking me and others why should I be worried about how other people play the game and modes they enjoy and that it shouldn't effect me. and I got these modes in my face every time I boot up the game and when I am trying to place franchise I earn these cards I couldn't give a crap about with no option to turn that off. look at all the streams and promotions of sports games it's always MUT mode this MUT mode that your fantasy team blah blah blah blah. SDS with 80% of their steams talking about how great DD mode is. getting excited over that but looking bored with other modes. (who could blame them when it's little change each year)

So I keep answering it does effect me MLB the show has been pushed aside for DD it had ONE change in franchise mode yes ONE extended contacts that was it.

FIFA basically no change.

Madden since 2012 we had this CFM garbage come in at first you couldn't use 32 team control.. you could a year later but to this day you still gotta spend 1 hour creating 32 profiles because of it's pathetic design that was suppose to be for single player online mode. then you gotta spend hours upon hours fixing the depth charts that the CPU very gladly screws up all your roster work you did, then watch as you see players vanish from the free agents. mainly lower rating guys which then ruins the entire economy of how franchise should work.

I loved the PS2 days of hitting square choose all 32 teams, load the game up and it kept all the rosters you made and depth charts from the roster menu that you downloaded from someone who worked hard on it, now all that is useless unless you use play now mode

oh and for about 5 years you couldn't actually put the LS in the LS position.. you had to spend another hour making the TE ad C or G for it to happen.. yes it took them 6 YEARS TO FIX THIS! and they made out what a great new fix it was and feature when it happened. I could go on with other sports games like MLB the show and how the September roster hasn't worked for years as well but never gets fixed because all the $$$ is going into DD but as you said it's a dead horse

I just hope you understand WHY this does effect all of us. because ignoring it means sports games will turn ALL MUT mode and people like me and others won't have any option at all except a Mobile style game with Micro-transactions. desgined for gambling 'cough I mean surprise mechanics.'

Last edited by ninertravel; 08-12-2019 at 07:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »