Home

Lets Talk Schemes

This is a discussion on Lets Talk Schemes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2019, 01:04 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Lets Talk Schemes

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter135
Yes, you can. There are several sites with all the plays and formations. Just google madden 20 playbooks. The run and shoot generic playbook is all 4 WR.

I actually just found a spreadsheet. Thanks a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2019, 02:47 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
I'm running 2 schemes that are getting me a ton of wins against highly skilled players. Air raid out of Arizona book and then an amazingly diverse spread playbook. The spread playbook I can formation people to death with the 32 gun formations. I use a ton of different stuff and they rarely see the same play twice. Every play they see is a setup for something else. Tons of motion, RPO's, Bubble screens, Jet sweeps, Fake PA Jet sweeps, Read options, inside/outside zone. It's basically late 2000's Oregon offense on steroids. It really makes people pull their hair out and they are running in circles like a cat chasing it's tail. I put it all together in practice mode over one evening and it has all come together online. I've had so much success with it the past few days I might even ditch the air raid and just perfect the spread.

It's by far the most fun I've ever had in any Madden game on offense and I've been playing every year since 04.

You got an ebook? I’ll pay lol my offense has been shaky so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-10-2019, 03:43 PM   #11
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

I just started a franchise as UH coach Nick Rolovich who is now head coach of the Dolphins and have installed the Run-and-Shoot offense. I'm so familiar with this playbook having used it with my Hawaii and SMU dynasties in NCAA Football. I'm glad Madden is keeping it in the game though no NFL team has run it exclusively in over 2 decades. Love the option routes and other concepts though I'll still use a TE as a slot receiver if he's rated high enough so it's not a pure run and shoot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2019, 03:54 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
I just started a franchise as UH coach Nick Rolovich who is now head coach of the Dolphins and have installed the Run-and-Shoot offense. I'm so familiar with this playbook having used it with my Hawaii and SMU dynasties in NCAA Football. I'm glad Madden is keeping it in the game though no NFL team has run it exclusively in over 2 decades. Love the option routes and other concepts though I'll still use a TE as a slot receiver if he's rated high enough so it's not a pure run and shoot.
It’s a shame you can’t customize the R&S playbook. Adding the jet sweeps would be perfect.
Old 08-10-2019, 03:58 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSonTL
So what schemes are guys using this season? Offensively I'm thinking about running a Read Option/RPO scheme... im not sure just yet tho... depends on the Option actually working in this years game. Or I might go back to my Power Run Heavy, Playaction Deep Scheme mixed in with RPOs from the iForm. Defensively I know I'm going with a Multi 2 High Scheme I call "No Fly Zone" based around Cover 4, Cover 6, some Cover 2 Zone/Man, and Cover 0... from a 4-3... anybody have some stuff they're cooking up?
I went with the Card so Kingsbury playbook. Only hitch I see on RPO is the bubble play...if you misread it and throw the bubble when you should give it's like 80% that you are throwing a pick 6, so that is frustrating. Even if you think it's a good read because the guy backpedals off the snap, if he's a flat defender and he's lined up over the #2 receiver he's getting the ball.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:16 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter135
It’s a shame you can’t customize the R&S playbook. Adding the jet sweeps would be perfect.
You have to raise a fuss and tweet the development team until they fix it (I’ve been doing so as well, but we need more people) I’ve been saying the same thing for a few years now. The only way we can hope they ever bring that feature back is to make noise until they do. This seems like an easy fix, especially since they’re supposedly making playbooks patchable this year
Old 08-10-2019, 11:58 PM   #15
Rookie

VTWiseGuy's Arena

Smash mouth ravens pb

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2019, 01:49 AM   #16
Pro

I run a Quadruple RPO offense named "Smoke And Mirrors". It is pretty much unstoppable if you use Carolina or Baltimore. Been working on it all weekend, and have come up with multiple plays out of one formation. After trying Madden's RPOs and sucking at them, I just thought it would be much easier to create my own RPO's. Little did I know, I would create a nightmare for opposing opponents. There are literally 4 run options and 5 pass options on every single play. It's scary.

And when I say unstoppable, I mean that it can only be stopped by user mistakes and ridiculous fumbles. I'm not someone who is apart of the Madden online community, so IDK what they are calling cheese these days, but I honestly believe that the Smoke And Mirrors offense is a legit scheme.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »