Home

Lets Talk Schemes

This is a discussion on Lets Talk Schemes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2019, 11:13 AM   #25
Rookie

EmbraceThePace's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lets Talk Schemes

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderRatedCoast
I went with the Card so Kingsbury playbook. Only hitch I see on RPO is the bubble play...if you misread it and throw the bubble when you should give it's like 80% that you are throwing a pick 6, so that is frustrating. Even if you think it's a good read because the guy backpedals off the snap, if he's a flat defender and he's lined up over the #2 receiver he's getting the ball.

Yeah. I’ve probably thrown 5 pick sixes this year. All on the RPO Alert Bubble play. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/embracepace

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/izomniayt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2019, 11:34 AM   #26
Banned

So I labbed Power Run IPO scheme out of Pistol I made.. don’t like it too much. I think this game really brings a Mobile QB alive with the RPO stuff and being a big time College guy and NCAA Football 14 fanatic.. I can’t resist. Im going to try build a spread scheme with RPO READS only...but power running and spread passing around it. I know people will say the Cards is that book but it’s certain things I want. And don’t want.. May need to add some things. I really gotta drill it down.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:48 PM   #27
MVP

Do you guys build custom playbook? If so, how do you go about it in terms of your process?

How do you know which formations to choose?
How do you sort through plays?
How do you ensure that the plays you're selecting suit your personnel?
How do you make sure that the plays you're selecting suit the scheme you're trying to play?
Old 08-12-2019, 01:31 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
Do you guys build custom playbook? If so, how do you go about it in terms of your process?

How do you know which formations to choose?

How do you sort through plays?

How do you ensure that the plays you're selecting suit your personnel?

How do you make sure that the plays you're selecting suit the scheme you're trying to play?

I know for me I literally think about what is want to do and accomplish. For instance I know I like Spread Concepts but Power running. I try to build my playbook around that. So I go Shotgun and then I try find plays that have Pulling Guards.. so I incorporate the Traps, Counters and Power Runs, for every single shotgun formation I want to use. Those are my core runs... if the formation doesn’t have it, I don’t use it. I tend to build my scheme from the offensive line first. Make it’s easier to decide wat plays I want. Defensively I try to stay simple. I believe in 4-3 football. I want all my guys doing a specific job. All my ends are speed rushers and all my tackles are run stuffers. My olb are basically safety like.. my MLB is the only true LB.. I want fast OLBs for wen I go Cover 0.. I want my MLB to be good at zone.. and my safeties and cbs good at coverage.. I know I want to play Cover 2, 4, and 6.. but cover 6 most of the time. I know I want my CBs with high press. And I want them to be capable man defenders they don’t have to be shut down... it makes it easier for me to create the playbook and the scheme. You just have to know what it is you want to do and not just pick a lot of plays just because you can

Old 08-12-2019, 04:11 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSonTL
I know for me I literally think about what is want to do and accomplish. For instance I know I like Spread Concepts but Power running. I try to build my playbook around that. So I go Shotgun and then I try find plays that have Pulling Guards.. so I incorporate the Traps, Counters and Power Runs, for every single shotgun formation I want to use. Those are my core runs... if the formation doesn’t have it, I don’t use it. I tend to build my scheme from the offensive line first. Make it’s easier to decide wat plays I want. Defensively I try to stay simple. I believe in 4-3 football. I want all my guys doing a specific job. All my ends are speed rushers and all my tackles are run stuffers. My olb are basically safety like.. my MLB is the only true LB.. I want fast OLBs for wen I go Cover 0.. I want my MLB to be good at zone.. and my safeties and cbs good at coverage.. I know I want to play Cover 2, 4, and 6.. but cover 6 most of the time. I know I want my CBs with high press. And I want them to be capable man defenders they don’t have to be shut down... it makes it easier for me to create the playbook and the scheme. You just have to know what it is you want to do and not just pick a lot of plays just because you can

Helpful info, cheers!

I have a West Coast Spread style playbook in the works that I'm pretty happy with, but it's tough to play without an extremely mobile QB. Lots of screens, drags, slants, etc. and split backs to get high speed guys in space or going sideways.

I'm in a Colts Franchise Mode currently though, so would like to make a Vertical Power Run scheme. The Colts have a good O-Line with pretty versatile guys, and lots of big deep/red zone threats with Ebron, Funchess, Doyle and Hilton with his speed.

I've not built anything like this before though. Any advice/tips? What kind of formations should I be looking for? Do I want my guards pulling or no? Etc.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:24 PM   #30
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

I run my old I Bone. I’ve not been stopped in h2h except by me being bad.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 08-13-2019, 11:44 AM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgenius_harv
Good stuff. Do you think this will work in any pistol or shotgun formation ? I think this would be a great counter to all this pinch buck 0 cheese.
Yes it works with any formation that has a running back. I have him do a swing route on every play as a way to have a RPO for every play in my playbook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2019, 02:39 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
Helpful info, cheers!

I have a West Coast Spread style playbook in the works that I'm pretty happy with, but it's tough to play without an extremely mobile QB. Lots of screens, drags, slants, etc. and split backs to get high speed guys in space or going sideways.

I'm in a Colts Franchise Mode currently though, so would like to make a Vertical Power Run scheme. The Colts have a good O-Line with pretty versatile guys, and lots of big deep/red zone threats with Ebron, Funchess, Doyle and Hilton with his speed.

I've not built anything like this before though. Any advice/tips? What kind of formations should I be looking for? Do I want my guards pulling or no? Etc.

This was my scheme last season offline and online and I did it from the i-Form. This season I’m doing it from the Gun because it feels so much better this year on Madden. Let’s start with the Line.

You want a Pass Protecting LT because you are going to want to take shots downfield off playaction. You want both guards, your center and your RT to be run blockers. If these guys are pass blockers as well.. that’s fine.. but you need them blocking for the run. Your core runs will attack the strongest side of your OLine. So high strength. Make sure your guards also have high ACC because they need to be able to pull and on those power runs and get next level. Next you need a QB who can stretch the field vertically. 90+ throw power. You want to keep the defense honest by letting them know that if the sell out to stop the run you can get deep. The reason I like this approach in connection with my WRs being FAST is because wen I throw the ball.. I MEAN it. I am looking deep to short.. TD first.. yardage 2nd. Last you want a bruising back who can get tough yards and punish a weak box. Again this is run first, playaction pass 2nd. I come out to run first. If you show me 2 high.. run the ball.. if it’s one high.. especially press coverage.. get vertical.. and that’s why you need fast WRs... also your TE.. I prefer a blocking TE who can run block first and receive 2nd.. that’s because I use my TE for very short routes so he doesn’t need to be a game breaker.. he’s moreso an extra linemen who happens to catch

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »