Home

Changing Abilities in Franchise?

This is a discussion on Changing Abilities in Franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2019, 09:37 AM   #1
Rookie

ednaaard's Arena

OVR: 0
Changing Abilities in Franchise?

Does anyone know if this is possible?

I'm in a franchise with the Redskins that I'm trying to play as close to sim as possible, but having Landon Collins and his Big Hitter ability is making it ridiculous. I went 11-5 on All Madden first season, partly because Collins finished the season with 25 FF's. I've just started my second season and he nailed 5 FF's against the Cardinals.

I'm considering just trading him away for a similar overall SS with a similar contract just to avoid his play making the game far too easy for me.

I either just wait for the patch and hope this is fixed, or is there an ability to change this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2019, 01:38 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Changing Abilities in Franchise?

I turned the abilities off in the settings. Since I mostly sim and spectate a few of those games, it appears to be better.
Old 08-10-2019, 03:32 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednaaard
Does anyone know if this is possible?

I'm in a franchise with the Redskins that I'm trying to play as close to sim as possible, but having Landon Collins and his Big Hitter ability is making it ridiculous. I went 11-5 on All Madden first season, partly because Collins finished the season with 25 FF's. I've just started my second season and he nailed 5 FF's against the Cardinals.

I'm considering just trading him away for a similar overall SS with a similar contract just to avoid his play making the game far too easy for me.

I either just wait for the patch and hope this is fixed, or is there an ability to change this?
Just edit him and the few players that are “90” Hit Power to around 80-83.
You still get the Big Hits withou the increased fumble multiplier added.

Generated players do not generate Hit Power no where near “90” so it is controlled/controllable over the course of the Franchise.
Old 08-10-2019, 03:55 PM   #4
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

You can "reroll" abilities on players based on archetype as the current superstars and xfactor have abilities assigned by EA. I go into it a bit in my thread.

Sent from my H3113 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-11-2019, 02:41 AM   #5
Rookie

ednaaard's Arena

Great, thanks guys. I’ll try that and re-check your threat, Geodude (which is superb btw. Didn’t catch the part about re-rolling the abilities but the rest of it is outstanding).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2019, 03:26 AM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I don't know if these in-fact line up 1-for-1 with Franchise mode, but Tiburon did publish a blog about the requirements for earning various abilities for MUT cards.

MUT in M20 uses the same archetype-based progression system introduced in Franchise last year, so I think it's reasonable to assume the requirements for abilities in each mode are similar. I imagine there are some minor differences between specific requirements because player ratings are handled differently from MUT compared to the rest of the game.
Old 08-11-2019, 02:31 PM   #7
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

I’ve also read if you switch his position and switch him back the enforcer trait goes away

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-11-2019, 03:01 PM   #8
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
I’ve also read if you switch his position and switch him back the enforcer trait goes away

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
The ability reroll is based on archetype and attributes. So if EA assigned an existing player with enforcer but his archetype/attribute doesn't suit it, then it will be replaced. Generated players will only ever have enforcer if they fit the archetype for it.

Sent from my H3113 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »