Home

Dislocated hips for RBs are out of control.

This is a discussion on Dislocated hips for RBs are out of control. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2019, 03:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Dislocated hips for RBs are out of control.

Season 1 David Johnson gets one in the first game on about his 4th carry. The next game my #2 RB gets the same injury. I play about 4 more games with #3 RB and picked up a FA. FA RB gets one. I pick up another FA and now have 3 RB on the injury list with dislocated hips. After I think 6 weeks Johnson comes back. Dislocated hip on about the 3rd carry. I decided to exit out of the game and start over since it was about 2 minutes in (I had changed the injury slider by this point, I should also mention). Very first carry after starting over, Johnson dislocates a hip again. This time I exit out again and decide he's just injury prone so I trade him away and play the rest of the season with the backups and FA. One RB (Logan) lasts around 7 or 8 games as starter without injury and is 4th in the league in rushing. Two of my other backs come back, then logan dislocates his hip. I finish the season with 2 RBs, all told about 8 dislocated hip injuries (only RBs) throughout the season. In the offseason I signed Melvin Gordon as a FA. Very first game of the preseason, 2nd play he dislocates his hip. My head is ready to explode. I exit to the menu, turn the injury slider down to about 30, then start over. No problems in the rest of the preseason or 1st game, 21 carries with no injuries. Second game in the 3rd quarter he goes down again with a dislocated hip again. Should I just turn injuries off at this point? Nobody seems to go down with a bum ankle that lasts a week or just takes them out for the rest of the game or another normal injury. A dislocated hip IRL is basically a career ender but it's by far the most common injury in M20 and only seems to inflict RBs, and it's every other game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2019, 04:55 PM   #2
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Dislocated hips for RBs are out of control.

Running backs are the only ones who really get hurt it seems.

I'm using Dallas and am down to Mike Weber and have had to sign 2 running backs to my roster
Old 08-11-2019, 06:54 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

As an old man i think i am required to say, "they don't make hips like they used to anymore."
Old 08-11-2019, 08:28 PM   #4
Rookie

Saquon has 97 injury and has still yet to play a full seasons in 3 years in

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-11-2019, 10:14 PM   #5
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Running back injuries desperately need to be tuned. I've tried raising injury and toughness on them and it's like it does nothing. Other players take huge it's and get up, my running back will get tapped and be out for 6 weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2019, 11:38 PM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Excessive injuries for running backs is one of those carryover issues from M19, that didn't get addressed, and it's bothersome because it's something, along with the rushing simmed stats for QBs, that seemingly didn't rate getting fixed for the launch of M20.

I realize of course that these issues are going to be near the bottom of the priority list when it comes to getting resources, but it's tough to have these seemingly smaller issues persist into the next game when they were known to be a problem at the beginning of the cycle the year before.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:31 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Excessive injuries for running backs is one of those carryover issues from M19, that didn't get addressed, and it's bothersome because it's something, along with the rushing simmed stats for QBs, that seemingly didn't rate getting fixed for the launch of M20.

I realize of course that these issues are going to be near the bottom of the priority list when it comes to getting resources, but it's tough to have these seemingly smaller issues persist into the next game when they were known to be a problem at the beginning of the cycle the year before.
I didn't get 19 so I'm not used to it...I can adjust but now I'm just annoyed that I spent my FA money on them. I can just trade him away for draft picks or a receiver I guess and hope it gets patched later.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:25 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2

In my Vikings season, Dalvin Cook went down week 2. Picked up Peyton Barber, who did great until he got hurt in week 7. Picked up Mike Davis. Didn't resign Barber or Davis due to salary demands & have Cook wrapped up for a few years. Started year 2, Cook goes down again in week 1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »