Home

Madden Review by Chicago Tribune writer

This is a discussion on Madden Review by Chicago Tribune writer within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2019, 03:38 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden Review by Chicago Tribune writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Oh come the hell on, this is insanity.

The entirety of my "bad logic" argument is that Madden sells lots of copies and further sells more copies than the overwhelming majority of console video games in the United States, as indicated by NPD. In doing so, Madden demonstrates that it is a popular video game and not a declining video game.

That's it! No part of that argument is bad logic. People aren't buying Madden out of spite.

I know you all really want to cheerlead the demise of this series for whatever reason, but it just. isn't. happening.

You may be correct in everything you say but one does not mean the other is true. You can be a tremdously popular game and still be declining. Those are not mutually exclusive of each other.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:43 PM   #58
Banned

TheOncomingStorm's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
I hear ya my man..There are about 8 posters who constantly hijack any thread that gives a negative or unfavorable review of Madden whether the review is legit or not...These are also the same posters who magically find nothing wrong with Madden every year,. will question your agenda, and why you dont like Madden, and state the its' "the best Madden ever"..mantra...Likewise there are another 8 who constantly have negative things to say about Madden year after year and yet magically jump on the beta, buy the game despite knowing its flaws then complain about buying the game.. Both are equally as ridiculous and biased and you are right don't bring anything to the table to produce a product that should improve every year...I learned along time ago just ignore either from each side..there are plenty of objective nuetral posters who will call it like they see it good or bad...but I hear your frustration ..Funny I have lived around gangs my whole life and and I aint never seen this much loyalty especially for a videogame..
You are 100% incorrect and your framing of the argument is hilariously off base.

None of us critiquing this review are saying this is the best Madden ever.

All of us critiquing this review have levied genuine complaints about this game.

All of us critiquing this review are doing so because we know that fake news and pre-determined conclusions are a detriment to the complaints we are trying to make, not a helping factor.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:56 PM   #59
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOncomingStorm
You are 100% incorrect and your framing of the argument is hilariously off base.

None of us critiquing this review are saying this is the best Madden ever.

All of us critiquing this review have levied genuine complaints about this game.

All of us critiquing this review are doing so because we know that fake news and pre-determined conclusions are a detriment to the complaints we are trying to make, not a helping factor.
Lol.. if your not one of those 8 posters then you shouldn't have anything to worry about because otherwise you are clear nuetral objective poster correct? because those are the ones that are most productive...I dont know what your opinion is but if you are constantly coming in negative review threads to try to decipher something you consider fake news..then you my friend?...hmmm..kinda defensive chief...But I respect your opinion and point of view..my man..
Old 08-12-2019, 04:12 PM   #60

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Lol.. if your not one of those 8 posters then you shouldn't have anything to worry about because otherwise you are clear nuetral objective poster correct? because those are the ones that are most productive...I dont know what your opinion is but if you are constantly coming in negative review threads to try to decipher something you consider fake news..then you my friend?...hmmm..kinda defensive chief...But I respect your opinion and point of view..my man..

Trust me, he’s as neutral as they come.
Old 08-12-2019, 04:13 PM   #61
Banned

TheOncomingStorm's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I gave M20 a 7.5 in the impressions thread, called it shallow, pointed out huge flaws holding this game back and missing features from ages ago. Check it out, it’s a juicy essay.

At the same time, yes, I will point out fake news and pre-determined biases where I see them, because those aspects are killing objectivity.

Its possible to point out flaws in both the game and “reviews” of the game. I wish more people were that objective, but that kind of critical thinking is rapidly dying in today’s social media, me me me, choose-your-own-reality landscape we live in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2019, 04:17 PM   #62
MVP

edaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Trust me, he’s as neutral as they come.
Thats fine I dont know what his opinion is..if he is neutral good stuff man..
Old 08-12-2019, 04:18 PM   #63
MVP

edaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOncomingStorm
I gave M20 a 7.5 in the impressions thread, called it shallow, pointed out huge flaws holding this game back and missing features from ages ago. Check it out, it’s a juicy essay.

At the same time, yes, I will point out fake news and pre-determined biases where I see them, because those aspects are killing objectivity.

Its possible to point out flaws in both the game and “reviews” of the game. I wish more people were that objective, but that kind of critical thinking is rapidly dying in today’s social media, me me me, choose-your-own-reality landscape we live in.
I hear ya man...now back to the review...
Old 08-12-2019, 04:23 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
I hear ya my man..There are about 8 posters who constantly hijack any thread that gives a negative or unfavorable review of Madden whether the review is legit or not...These are also the same posters who magically praise madden every year,find nothing wrong with Madden every year,. will question your agenda, and why you dont like Madden, and state the its' "the best Madden ever"..mantra...Likewise there are another 8 who constantly have negative things to say about Madden year after year and yet magically jump on the beta, buy the game despite knowing its flaws then complain about buying the game.. Both are equally as ridiculous and biased and you are right don't bring anything to the table to produce a product that should improve every year...I learned along time ago just ignore either from each side..there are plenty of objective nuetral posters who will call it like they see it good or bad...but I hear your frustration ..Funny I have lived around gangs my whole life and and I aint never seen this much loyalty especially for a videogame..
The problem is, what you define as a good game is not what EA is trying to make. And Madden sells well enough for EA, as it is designed. There are millions of gamers that like the game. People like me aren't defending the game so much as we understand what it is and what EA is trying to do.

It's not hard. I don't like NBA 2K, and I have stopped buying it. If EA stops making NBA Live, I will be without an NBA game I enjoy. What I won't do is post every negative thing I can find on 2K in the 2K threads, because, well, I don't play the game, so why waste my time. There seems to be others that like it, so I let them enjoy it.

But the entitled ones. They are different. They have decided what a proper NFL game should be, regardless of sales. Anyone that tries to rationalize enjoying the game are written off as kids or casuals. It doesn't matter that the kids and casuals represent a lot more sales than the entitled ones can muster. No, if the entitled ones cannot get the kids and casuals to change, then the kids and casuals must be ignored.

Problem is, EA does research on who has and who might buy their games. They research telemetry to tell them how people play their games. They run focus groups so that people can show and tell them about how they play their games. They invest a ton of money deciding what the game should be.

I have no problem with a review that is aimed at hardcore sports fans and sim gamers pointing out that this game is not for those folks. I think a review in the Tribune doing this is a joke. The average person reading a review of a football game in their daily paper and taking it serious are more likely the kids and casuals. The reviewer did them a disservice, as this reads more like fanboy war crap than a legitimate review of the game.

Yes, there is a faction of gamers that eat this crap up. They are toxic and terrible for the community. They are too immature to just not buy games they don't like. They are too entitled to understand that, maybe, no one made a game just for them. So they do all they can do, which is **** disturb any forum where people "pretend" to enjoy the game.

Maybe OS needs these toxic gamers in order to maximize clicks. But they flipping ruin this place. They all compete to see who hates X game the most, like it is a sport. At this point, my biggest aversion to returning to sim gaming is that I would be associated with what passes for sim gamers today. It's ugly.

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 08-12-2019 at 04:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »