Home

Editing Contracts & Re-Signing

This is a discussion on Editing Contracts & Re-Signing within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2019, 10:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Editing Contracts & Re-Signing

In my franchise, I accidentally signed a player to a 4-year deal (tried to low ball him to give me an extra week to decide if I wanted to give him a fair offer or not) and he accepted it..

So I went to edit his contract back down a 1-year deal, and he hasn't re-shown back up in the re-signing player's menu.

Due to my editing his contract, do I no longer have the chance to re-sign him?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2019, 10:19 PM   #2
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Editing Contracts & Re-Signing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickda55
In my franchise, I accidentally signed a player to a 4-year deal (tried to low ball him to give me an extra week to decide if I wanted to give him a fair offer or not) and he accepted it..

So I went to edit his contract back down a 1-year deal, and he hasn't re-shown back up in the re-signing player's menu.

Due to my editing his contract, do I no longer have the chance to re-sign him?
I think you would need to put him to a two year deal and then you would be able to resign him the next season or you have to wait until the season is over and get one chance to resign him in the off-season. The one year deal is essentially the same as when you sign a free agent during the season, forcing you to wait until the season is over to try and resign.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Ok, that's cool then - I don't mind waiting until the end of the year to decide if I want to keep him or not.

Appreciate the response!
Old 08-14-2019, 03:32 AM   #4
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

We've had similar bugs like this editing contracts as coaches change in online cfm. There's a chance you never get the option to resign now and he is released to free agency and editing the contract back up in resign week doesn't stop this. Editing before then still can work.

Sent from my H3113 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-14-2019, 07:38 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
We've had similar bugs like this editing contracts as coaches change in online cfm. There's a chance you never get the option to resign now and he is released to free agency and editing the contract back up in resign week doesn't stop this. Editing before then still can work.

Just give him a 2nd year and it should reopen discussions next year.

In madden 18 I updated a players contract to match his real life extension. He was in his final year and despite editing his contract he remained on my list to resign all year.I could negotiate with him and when the offseason rolled around he was treated as any other player with a contract.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2019, 11:28 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude

Damn! So it sounds like they go straight to FA if you edit them to a 1 year, with no chance to re-sign.

Guess I'll have to make do lol.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:40 AM   #7
Pro

I'm pretty sure the players association would have a huge issue with your unethical methods of handling player contracts. I expect you'll be hearing from Goodell pretty soon

Old 08-14-2019, 02:39 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
I'm pretty sure the players association would have a huge issue with your unethical methods of handling player contracts. I expect you'll be hearing from Goodell pretty soon

Probably will have a bone to pick with me too, for imbezzling 5mil to my funds as compensation for the mistaken contract lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »