Home

Walking to the line of scrimmage

This is a discussion on Walking to the line of scrimmage within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2019, 12:53 PM   #9
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Walking to the line of scrimmage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I really like how it speeds up the game play
I've only played two games of M20 so far and I couldn't quite put my finger on why the game seemed 'faster' overall. I knew part of it was on the field during gameplay... but this is part of it as well!

Personally as an offline HUM vs CPU player, I'd probably love anything that gets me more snaps per hour of real time... but I usually don't go crazy Bobby Fischer chess grandmaster with pre-snap adjustments either. So yea, should probably have been a toggle option from the beginning. Hopefully they can make that change for the guys that are big on the pre-snap. From my general experience over the years... the AI is just too inconsistent and I always get the gut feeling that most of the successes and/or failures of my pre-snap work is just placebo most of the time anyways.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:58 PM   #10
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I really like how it speeds up the game play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too. As someone who doesn't have much gaming time, this is actually a cooler than I originally thought. It also seems to have the perfect amount of plays with 15M 15SEC accelerated clock. Madden 19 was a tad high on total plays with the same settings.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:09 PM   #11
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I have gotten used to it....but on defense it does make on the fly adjustments past 2 max impossible for my older thumbs.

This was a move made for the competitive crowd as I have to believe there was a lot of crying that the very best head to head Madden gurus out there made so many adjustments that made beating them extremely tough, that it borders on cheese.

I don't know....just spit balling.

But the real reason may be because they just said "screw it" in fixing the awkward player movement as they went up to the line. It was funky on Madden 19.

Who knows. But it was done.

Toggle option? LOL......yeah right. They have moved on from us dinosaur pioneer Madden players who basically supported the game so much to allow it to become the behemoth it is today.

It is what it is. I am enjoying the game warts and all.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2019, 01:11 PM   #12
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Me too. As someone who doesn't have much gaming time, this is actually a cooler than I originally thought. It also seems to have the perfect amount of plays with 15M 15SEC accelerated clock. Madden 19 was a tad high on total plays with the same settings.
It definitely has sped up the game in a positive way for me too in terms of getting in more games. So there is that big pro to it. More time to play more games is always a good thing.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-14-2019, 02:01 PM   #13
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
It definitely has sped up the game in a positive way for me too in terms of getting in more games. So there is that big pro to it. More time to play more games is always a good thing.
Most definitely! The game moves at a perfect pace now, at least for me. I kind of house rule myself and don't make changes at the line, the only thing I do is on D switch to a LB but that's it.

Plus no more coach shots after each play and the shortened end of quarter stadium views has me pretty happy with this part of the game.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:02 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

The only issue I have with the sped-up walk to the line is in no-huddle, as many others have mentioned. Most times I can't change the play and get everyone set before the snap. Felt the same way about it in the beta.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:19 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
I've only played two games of M20 so far and I couldn't quite put my finger on why the game seemed 'faster' overall. I knew part of it was on the field during gameplay... but this is part of it as well!

Personally as an offline HUM vs CPU player, I'd probably love anything that gets me more snaps per hour of real time... but I usually don't go crazy Bobby Fischer chess grandmaster with pre-snap adjustments either. So yea, should probably have been a toggle option from the beginning. Hopefully they can make that change for the guys that are big on the pre-snap. From my general experience over the years... the AI is just too inconsistent and I always get the gut feeling that most of the successes and/or failures of my pre-snap work is just placebo most of the time anyways.

They'll likely add a toggle at some point is my guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2019, 02:24 PM   #16
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

They could fix this if they had cpu qbs not instantly hike the ball and instead id the mike, make line adjustments, hot routes, etc

https://www.youtube.com/user/schnaidt1

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »