Home

X-Factor and Superstar abilities: I was wrong.

This is a discussion on X-Factor and Superstar abilities: I was wrong. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2019, 01:04 PM   #17
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: X-Factor and Superstar abilities: I was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Some of them definitely are gimmicks, some of them are good. There was no need for ones like the enforcer. We have hit power, tackle ratings as well as a big hit and ball strip skill. We definitely didn’t need an enforcer X factor on top of all of that lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
According to its own description, Enforcer should have a completely different impact than what it actually does right now. If EA finds a way to get rid of the fumbles all Enforcers now seem to cause, there would definitely be a place for what Enforcers were by default meant to do on the field.

However, it's quite obvious that people's experience with Enforcers varies from player to player. I had nowhere near as excessive issues with Enforcers as other people here seem to have, and I am not alone.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 08-15-2019, 01:10 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Some of them definitely are gimmicks, some of them are good. There was no need for ones like the enforcer. We have hit power, tackle ratings as well as a big hit and ball strip skill. We definitely didn’t need an enforcer X factor on top of all of that lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I think the Enforcer trait can be really good if they just make two slight adjustments.

1. The ability should not be that the tackler cannot miss a big hit. It should be that the tackle probability of a big hit is the same as the tackle probability of a conservative tackle. So there will still be some missed tackles. At this time, you would be crazy not to big hit every time because the tackle ability is higher than if I conservative tackle with the same player.

2. The hit power needs to be lower for at least some of the Enforcers. Collins's 93 hit power combined with big hits every time is what causes the constant fumbles. Lower the hit power and you do not have such an issue.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:28 PM   #19
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

The apprentice abilities that allow to you use the extra hot routes are by far my favorite abilities. The HB hot routes are my favorite. As a huge west coast offense guy, its awesome being able to dial up a Texas route and a flat route. I went all out to acquire Christian McCaffrey in my Niners franchise just to have this ability.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:57 PM   #20
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

In Madden 19, I actually traded Von Miller away in my CFM because he just wasn't worth having around. That salary to watch him struggle against single blocking all game long? Nah. Traded him for some sweet draft picks.

Madden 20, he's invaluable. He changes the dynamic of my defense. So does a guy like Chris Harris Jr. And seeing those guys? Yeah. I also feel it with offensive linemen. Those X-factor guys just shut down average players on the line.

Yeah, I agree that in some scenarios it's OP. But I'll take some OP issues that can be ironed out over players all being the same. Stars are stars now.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:43 PM   #21
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderRatedCoast
You are actually wrong about being wrong. It is way overpowered. Seahawks have a SS with the hit stick ability and whatever Bobby Wagner has...8 forced fumbles in one game, and that's with an x-factor RB. It's to the point where I won't hand the ball off when I play them, and on the rare occasion that I do I try and jump on the ground before I get hit sticked and fumble. Last game I played them I had 8 rushing attempts and 3 fumbles (all lost fumbles because the offensive guys don't scramble for the ball). My running back has more fumbles than any TEAM in the league. Pressing the secure ball button does nothing, changing the fumble sliders does nothing.
Go to coaching adjustments.
Conservative running setting helps with the fumbles against monster defensivemen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2019, 04:04 PM   #22
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderRatedCoast
You are actually wrong about being wrong. It is way overpowered. Seahawks have a SS with the hit stick ability and whatever Bobby Wagner has...8 forced fumbles in one game, and that's with an x-factor RB. It's to the point where I won't hand the ball off when I play them, and on the rare occasion that I do I try and jump on the ground before I get hit sticked and fumble. Last game I played them I had 8 rushing attempts and 3 fumbles (all lost fumbles because the offensive guys don't scramble for the ball). My running back has more fumbles than any TEAM in the league. Pressing the secure ball button does nothing, changing the fumble sliders does nothing.
I took the Cardinals to Seattle in the Rain and Wagner destroyed me! He forced 3 or 4 fumbles and was just a beast. The way he played he should have been on the cover of the game, LOL.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-15-2019, 04:21 PM   #23
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

Maybe it depends on personal gameplay style...but for me, guys like von Miller or Khalil Mack are just overpowered freaks....100 Sacks, but can't play smart defense, feels arcade....This guys break every sack record like it's nothing...poorly executed and just a lost feature from older madden editions (i think it's stolen from PS2 era)
Old 08-15-2019, 04:36 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
I took the Cardinals to Seattle in the Rain and Wagner destroyed me! He forced 3 or 4 fumbles and was just a beast. The way he played he should have been on the cover of the game, LOL.
Try going in and dropping Wagner's hit power down as much as you can before it drops his overall rating. Hopefully you can drop it down to around 85 or so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »