Home

X-Factor and Superstar abilities: I was wrong.

This is a discussion on X-Factor and Superstar abilities: I was wrong. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2019, 10:50 PM   #41
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: X-Factor and Superstar abilities: I was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreSwagassi86
Dallas Did against Atlanta couple years ago and it wasn’t even a player on Mack’s level yet Clayborn had 6 sacks alone that game.

I get what you’re saying but that game always trips me out because Dallas did nothing throughout the game to adjust and Dack suffered

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Guess they don't love him like he thinks they do.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2019, 07:27 AM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
This. This, exactly. I’m specifically talking about the enforcer hit stick fumbles.

I think what’s happened this year with the x-factors specifically related to fumbling is that u finally, legit, MUST avoid these players and/or u MUST press the RB/R1 button to protect the ball. This has never been the case in any other madden. I’m sure holding RB/R1 helped to some degree, but honestly, I rarely used it in big hot situations and I didn’t fumble much. But, this year is different. And, I’m loving it. In situations where I would’ve hit the spin button or juke simply because it’s a video game and I’ll bet my RB will simply juke around the guy, and if not, he’ll just be tackled, no big deal, I am now absolutely holding that RB/R1 button to protect the ball. This is actually adding quite a bit of realism to the game for me. And, it definitely works/helps. U will notice much more ‘normal’ tackles when u protect the ball before contact. U simply see diff animations. I think it’s great and I think it’s something that I hope people will adjust to, because I think it’s adding a lot to the game.

And, I’ve got Keanu Neal on my side, lol, so I’m loving him lining fools up and knocking the ball out! He feels like a real difference maker as he should. Now, time will tell. I’m playing a new CFM right now on all-pro, and I’m going to tweak the sliders some as I go. If he causes 3+ fumbles every game, I’m not wanting that. But, when the rb jukes into his hit stick, I think this should be a fumble 80% of the time. And, that’s normally what I’ve seen. It’s not just a hit stick, it’s a hitstick on a juking ball carrier.

So, anyways, to everyone having issues fumbling because of this, I say start using that protect the ball button on every single carry, and see how it works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Again. You may be able to respond and have a good outcome but like you said with Keanu Neal on your team, the CPU does not respond accordingly. I would lower Neal's hit power to the lowest before it drops his overall rating. I did that for Landon Collins and he has caused 1 fumble in 2 games since. Small sample size but better than the 2 - 3 per game i was getting.

IMO this is better than raising the fumble slider because then all your other players will never cause a fumble which is less fun.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by jsteele14; 08-16-2019 at 07:29 AM.
Old 08-16-2019, 08:22 AM   #43
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreSwagassi86
Dallas Did against Atlanta couple years ago and it wasn’t even a player on Mack’s level yet Clayborn had 6 sacks alone that game.

I get what you’re saying but that game always trips me out because Dallas did nothing throughout the game to adjust and Dack suffered

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
They probably though he was super talented and would be alright.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:34 AM   #44
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Last night was the first time I got really PO'd at the CPU X-Factor ability. Fletcher Cox had 8 sacks against me. Quick passes, screen passes, big formations, outside runs--it didn't matter because he got in the zone and as the user I have no way to double team him. My low 70s OVR guard was taking him one-on-one most of the game. Every now and then my C would double team if the stars aligned.

While it was cool to see one DL be so disruptive (and Philly gave me a beating, 38-17), it was insanely frustrating to not have the ability to double-team him. This was my exact concern when the X-Factor feature was announced.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-16-2019, 12:31 PM   #45
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

They just need to tone down the defensive abilities...well some of them. I shouldn't be fumbling, almost every time i get hit
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2019, 12:32 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Last night was the first time I got really PO'd at the CPU X-Factor ability. Fletcher Cox had 8 sacks against me. Quick passes, screen passes, big formations, outside runs--it didn't matter because he got in the zone and as the user I have no way to double team him. My low 70s OVR guard was taking him one-on-one most of the game. Every now and then my C would double team if the stars aligned.

While it was cool to see one DL be so disruptive (and Philly gave me a beating, 38-17), it was insanely frustrating to not have the ability to double-team him. This was my exact concern when the X-Factor feature was announced.
It happens so much. Once a Xfactor DE gets in the zone, then im basically a sitting duck. I usually try to run the ball to get him out of the zone.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:35 PM   #47
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
It happens so much. Once a Xfactor DE gets in the zonue, then im basically a sitting duck. I usually try to run the ball to get him out of the zone.
The Way coverages are busted in this game, if they take away defensive abilities the game might as well just ask you how much you want to win by and save you the trouble of actually playing a game. The X-factors are the only thing keeping the defense somewhat competitive at this point
Old 08-16-2019, 05:59 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
The Way coverages are busted in this game, if they take away defensive abilities the game might as well just ask you how much you want to win by and save you the trouble of actually playing a game. The X-factors are the only thing keeping the defense somewhat competitive at this point
This is very true, but still in having some ridiculous games. It's like arena league football at times.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »