Home

X-Factor and Superstar abilities: I was wrong.

This is a discussion on X-Factor and Superstar abilities: I was wrong. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2019, 06:17 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: X-Factor and Superstar abilities: I was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
Thanks for the excellent idea of turning off the X Factors, but leaving Superstar Abilities on. That I have not tried and may find a happy medium in so doing. Peace.
What do you mean by this? Leave X-Factor on in the main menu but manually edit each X-Factor player and reduce them to Superstar?
Old 08-17-2019, 06:32 PM   #58
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
What do you mean by this? Leave X-Factor on in the main menu but manually edit each X-Factor player and reduce them to Superstar?
Yes Mack, that is what Khalib pointed out in his post.
Old 08-17-2019, 08:22 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Honestly, a lot of our sacks are due to years of old Madden habits...

My biggest culprit, and I bet most others also, is that previously we would wait for the WR to have separation before throwing because of Psych LB/DB’s.

Now depending on your Off players ratings/abilities, you can throw even with the LB/DB on top of them, but I’m still waiting until the separation happens which is leading to higher sacks.

It’s a breath of fresh air to see High/Low throws factor in to what you’re trying to accomplish dealing with ball placement.
So you're saying that we need to throw the ball earlier? Good insight - thanks. I was actualy pretty good at throwing to guys weren't open but I believed would be. I'm finding that far more difficult in M20.

I am still having PA issues. Most of the time, it's a sack as soon as I fake the hand off.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:49 PM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
Yes Mack, that is what Khalib pointed out in his post.
I did this today and it played out pretty nice.

Superstar players are able to separate themselves from others with their superstar abilities, but they not cheesy or overpowered like X-Factors.

It feels like a nice balance to me. It didn't take too long to turn off all of the X-Factors, I'll just have to keep an eye on rookies entering the league with hidden dev traits.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:44 AM   #61
Rookie

Do anyone know, why the superstar x factors dissapear whenever I control a team? Just started a franchise with the Jets, and in a game, the other team have superstar x factors, but Bell is downgraded to just a Superstar. Samething with the falcons, Jones is just a superstar in game, but the Vikings have two superstar x factor players. In the team selection menu before the game, they were listed as x Factor-olayers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2019, 10:10 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

After spending extended time with the game I'm decidedly mixed on x factors but leaning towards not liking them.

There are a few abilities that are overpowered and arcadey (automatic hitstick guys) but many of them are good and force me to actually gameplan around guys.

But the problem I have is a huge one and one that I have been harping on for years -- the dumb AI. The AI does not change anything regardless of who it plays. It calls the same plays and never make adjustments. You have an X Factor pass rusher? Thats fine, lets empty the backfield and go with a 5 man protection. Is that Earl Thomas back there? This seems like a good time to throw his way into double coverage. Oh look at that x factor WR that wins against single coverage, lets play him straight up.

Forget X factors, I play with the Ravens and would you like to guess how many times the AI has put a spy or QB contain on Lamar Jackson? I could probably get 200 yards rushing with him just by cheesing the computer every game.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:59 PM   #63
Banned

So I'm asking in this thread because i see its active and this has a lot to do with gameplay so with that said. Is this game worth it for a franchise guy? Is the gameplay that much better with the X factors? Is the little additions to franchise worth buying it? If some of y'all could let me know with a few reasons as to buy it or not that would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 08-26-2019, 03:16 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyb6
So I'm asking in this thread because i see its active and this has a lot to do with gameplay so with that said. Is this game worth it for a franchise guy? Is the gameplay that much better with the X factors? Is the little additions to franchise worth buying it? If some of y'all could let me know with a few reasons as to buy it or not that would be greatly appreciated!!
It depends.

When was the last Madden you purchased? How much enjoyment do you get or how important are the out of game franchise elements?

My short answer is that gameplay is as good as its ever been, but franchise is as stale as its ever been.

The scenario engine at the moment is a dud that adds very little to franchise. X Factor abilities are a mixed bag. They make playing a game more enjoyable, but over the course of a franchise issues become apparent to the detriment of the mode (once you build your team and have some X ability guys the short coming in the game's AI is a huge blight).

Its a matter of preference, and the relative ratio of importance between gameplay and franchise depth/immersion. Lean more towards gameplay, worth a buy. More of a immersive front office type experience skip it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »