Home

Who to Focus Train

This is a discussion on Who to Focus Train within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2019, 12:38 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Who to Focus Train

Who are you using for your focus training? Young ‘Stars’? Young talent on the brink of ‘Star’?

I was able to flip Rashan Gary to ‘Superstar’ and he’s young — do I focus on getting him to 90? Or building as many 80-85+ young talent?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2019, 12:43 AM   #2
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Who to Focus Train

Usually my favorite Rookies from that year's draft class. Most importantly players that will earn the most XP (i.e. younger than 25-26 players, guys with at least Star dev trait, starters on the depth chart, etc).
Old 08-20-2019, 02:16 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

I do mostly rookies who I think can develop into starters. I'm not focus training on 65 OVR rookies because it will be at least three years before they get serious PT. Now I guess if I had an older roster it might make more sense. I put Kyler Murray as focus player his entire rookie season and second season. He's up to 91 OVR and gets tons of xp for playing accomplishments so I'm not going to keep giving him the 300 points. The 300 points doesn't put much of a dent in the xp of guys who need 11,000 to upgrade so I feel it's more valuable for the lower rated players.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:24 AM   #4
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

XP earned during focus training is now a flat rate and only influenced by your XP sliders.

A solid method is to focus train younger players who you think will be become starters or already are but low OVR.

Reasoning behind this is that the lower OVR younger the player under the XP soft cap, the longer they will have with a lower XP threshold for Skill Points, so a season of focus training for them is a higher % of XP gained towards earning a Skill Point than say a 27yo 80ovr player at the same position.

So on the Rams I'm training SS Rapp, CB Long and HB Henderson as they're very young and 69-72ovr and I want them to be starters or role players in the future.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:32 AM   #5
MVP

I have a house rule of training the three highest overall players 24 or under regardless of development trait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2019, 09:19 AM   #6
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I have a house rule of training the three highest overall players 24 or under regardless of development trait.
Curious as to the thought process behind this house rule.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:20 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I try to focus everything including weekly training, "gold level, you can sim after earning the award" on my young Oline. With this method, I was able to get all of their overalls to 80+ by season 2. Every other position I can effectively gain xp from playing the game.

Development traits arent powerful this year with training.

Last edited by blackboard79; 08-20-2019 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:22 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan1993
Curious as to the thought process behind this house rule.
Because they are young enough that the xp can make a difference and to force possible depth chart changes as the season goes on. Which can lead to playing time and further improvement. I think it keeps it more dynamic and of course if they are a starter their ceiling goes up. Of course, i wouldn't apply this rule to a punter. Sometimes i don't like it as a player I want to improve does not qualify and I limit it to one offensive linemen as I am so good at drafting them it would just clog up the system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »