Home

My red zone offense sucks

This is a discussion on My red zone offense sucks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2019, 12:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: My red zone offense sucks

I always went succesful with I Form Wing Curls, Strong Close Y Trail with the left receiver audibled on a Slant route, Pistol Y Trips Stick, Guns Double Y-Flex Z Spot.
The last one is a money play of mine. You have to be fast to get the ball to your receivers, but it pays to learn it. The amount of receivers wreaks havoc in the defense close to the goal line/inside the goal line. The primary route is open often and therefor a fast TD if near the goal line (LOS closer than maybe 8). If the primary is covered, look out for the TE, if he's also covered, the Slant routes, both of them, are almost guaranteed to be open. The HB is your primary target when getting blitzed.

If you've got a fast HB, you should also look out for Sweep plays. Power Runs and Trap Runs should also be given a look at when in the 5yd zone.
Old 08-19-2019, 01:26 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderRatedCoast
One thing I've figured out is that calling a spread formation with a run will get you a goal line set for the defense inside the 5 so running is jacked. The only counter is to call a passing play and audible to a run. That fixed a lot of my redzone issues.
I usually call an RPO when I'm at the goal line for this reason
Old 08-19-2019, 08:01 PM   #11
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I usually call an RPO when I'm at the goal line for this reason
In my experience, about 60% of H2H players have no idea what to do against a run heavy scheme with RPOs

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2019, 08:09 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Run wise I use Singleback Ace and it's been working really well. I have HB Dive, Stretch and crackback toss in my audibles and use what's best for how the D lines up.

Pass wise I don't have anything that works consistently yet, but I usually call Stick, Slants, and Spacing type plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »