Home

How many people really want SIM gameplay?

This is a discussion on How many people really want SIM gameplay? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2019, 07:43 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: How many people really want SIM gameplay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity
That's eli manning tho. Hes not a scrambler. Guys like cam newton or Russell wilson shouldn't fumble with a no contact drive. That's very unreal. They can take a hit, so why in the hell are they fumbling when nobody hits them. I can see if they run into their own teammates during the dive, but NO ONEs I'm the way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
I was just pointing out a situation that fulfills your question: 'why would ANY QB fumble' in that situation...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2019, 02:19 PM   #66
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How many people really want SIM gameplay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
The thing about the ground not causing a fumble is a myth. You need a knee down, or forearm or back of the hand, and you need to be touched. If you are knocked down, then hitting the ground and losing the ball won't be ruled a fumble, although, if the ball comes out before you are down, the ground can knock the ball out of your hands if it happens before the knee and ect touch.

So a QB diving is at great risk if he is not being touched. Holding the ball out increases the odds of the ball popping out a ton. It's why QBs are taught to slide. It's why the slide mechanic is in the game.

The issue is, when you slide, you are down where the slide begins. Once a QB begins to slide, he cannot be hit, so he doesn't get forward progress. But if you need the first down, you may need to dive, but you lose protection. If you are sliding, you really can't fumble, because you are down the moment you start to slide.

Honestly, this a perfect example of how people think they want realism, but really don't.

It’s not that the ‘ground can’t cause a fumble’ rule is a myth. That is the rule. But that is only the rule if you’re touched by an opposing player. If you are untouched, fall to the ground, and the ball goes flying out of your hands when it smacks the ground, that’s a fumble. If someone tackles you to the ground, and then ball squirts out when you hit the turf, you’re down. Let’s not overcomplicate it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »