Home

Best Playbooks to use?

This is a discussion on Best Playbooks to use? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2019, 12:55 PM   #9
Banned

TheGr8Drake28's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Best Playbooks to use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Looking for a good defensive playbook for the base Nickel formation. I typically stick to the Eagles because it has a lot of diversity and the 4-6, but I'm curious if there is a better nickel defensive playbook out there because that's what I am in 95% of the time.
Try the Packers Nickle defense.. Has 3 different formations, also has the "big nickel" as well.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:12 PM   #10
Rookie

Ive had a lot of fun with the ravens offensive playbook and using the Bengals for defense
Old 08-23-2019, 06:01 PM   #11
Rookie

Bengals have a really diverse Defensive play book.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2019, 07:28 PM   #12
Rookie

On my YouTube channel, The Sim Experiment, I have breakdowns of the stock Spread, Eagles, and Colts Offensive Playbooks. I also have a video on my custom Air Raid playbook. Check those out, and let me know what you think.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:51 AM   #13
Banned

Customized Raiders offense. Customized Lions defense.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:45 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGr8Drake28
Try the Packers Nickle defense.. Has 3 different formations, also has the "big nickel" as well.
Just in case you didn't know, every playbook got the identical Big Nickel Over G formation.

It's an especially nice add to a 3-4 playbook...the flexibility of a "true" 4-man defensive front in a sub package is nice.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:16 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg88forHOF
Just in case you didn't know, every playbook got the identical Big Nickel Over G formation.

It's an especially nice add to a 3-4 playbook...the flexibility of a "true" 4-man defensive front in a sub package is nice.
There are a handful of 3-4 books with Nickel Normal, too. NYG, DET (3-4/4-3 Hybrid), NYJ, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2019, 10:42 PM   #16
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX.Leaguer
Raiders as base offense. I only play franchise and really enjoy editing playbooks. You start with 480? plays. I delete several repetitive plays and those that I’ll never call to make some room. Add gun empty cowboy and gun eagle trips as they have some really good pass plays in them. I’m around 50/50 pass and run. Found the Raiders to have a great base for both.
What he said, especially if you like to use several tight ends.

The Raiders playbook is a godsend if you like putting 2-3 tight ends on the field and creating matchup nightmares for the defense. If you're more the running type, those formations allow you to put extra linemen in those tight end positions and run your back behind a wall of humanity.

The Raiders playbook is awesome. In one of their base formations is a play called Raiders Verticals. It's nearly unstoppable. You can run that play all the way down the field by making slight variations to routes/blocking and do something totally different out of it every snap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »