Home

How do you call your plays

This is a discussion on How do you call your plays within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2019, 01:39 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: How do you call your plays

I go into my concepts screen and pick the concept that has the most plays in it. I multiply that times .7 (70%) and find all the concepts that have at least 70% the number of plays as my concept with the most plays. I use coach suggestions and only call plays from those concepts. For my now defunct MIA CFM that was the following on Offense (I play offense only).

- [ ] Run: Inside Zone (27)
- [ ] Quick: Slant (22)
- [ ] Medium: Smash (28)
- [ ] Medium: Curl (26)
- [ ] Deep: Vertical (27)
- [ ] Deep: Comeback (22)
- [ ] Deep: Shot Play (26)
Old 08-22-2019, 02:34 AM   #10
Rookie

MasonOS95's Arena

OVR: 0

Suggestions a lot but if up vs xfactor de i keep a te to block
Old 08-22-2019, 03:24 AM   #11
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

On offence, I use coach suggestions, except within either 10 yard line, where I'll call something safer. It gives a good variety, and stops cheesing plays.

On defence, I call my own, and keep very vanilla. Personnel is a combination of down and distance/personnel, and simple zones (usually 3 deep as my personnel fits that) and rare man to man or blitz.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2019, 03:36 AM   #12
MVP

tru11's Arena

ask madden and then pick whatever suits the situation.

could change the entire play anyways with hot routes if i want to.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:52 AM   #13
Rookie

Lilgoosy's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
It’s still pretty repetitive/not particularly deep, however, there’s definitely something different this year: for whatever reason the first play (triangle for me) is pretty damn close to what I want to call anyway a good 80% of the time. I could literally hit triangle all game long, on both sides of the ball no less, and feel pretty good about things. This was never the case before.
i think the reason could be, if i'm not mistaken, that there should be a dynamic when you play a lot with a playbook (f.e. in franchise) thath gives your most called schemes and plays in "ask madden" once the computer gets your tendencies.
Plus, if you createa playbook and/or rate the plays you use by situation, ask madden tends to give the plays you rated higher
Old 08-22-2019, 07:21 AM   #14
Banned

I create a playbook and sort/rate my plays for each situation. I know what my scheme is at the core so I basically always have those played rate high so wen I use the suggestion feature those plays come up. Thats for offense. In my online chise amongst peer I use coach suggestions because we dont use customs and also there's rule that prevent you from running plays over and over again.. still works tho because I know my pre/post snap reads for the most part and my audibles so its all good. On defense I always select my plays manually.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:38 AM   #15
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
Against the cpu, I use suggested. It's too easy to beat the cpu otherwise. It does call a lot of the same plays, but I just keep scrolling until I find something new.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Ditto, I’ll usually see something in the first page I’m comfortable using. I’ll audible out of it sometimes or run a hot route if I want to do something specific anyway.

Years ago I’d pick the same bunch of plays over and over... I feel like forcing myself to use more variety hurt me at first but has helped long term. YMMV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2019, 11:11 AM   #16
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

You must like to run a lot then since the first play is always a run suggested play and the second is the suggested pass play. 3rd play is random but most of the time is a run.

I'm not just trolling maybe you don't know this but if you scroll to the right or the left you will have Run suggestions and Pass suggestions, you will see that the first one is the 1 for the run suggestions and the 2nd one will be the 1st pass suggestion.

Overall is much better than last year since they took away the strategy/community/frequent but they also removed the quick selection. ALso suggestions does not use the Gameplan to give you plays.

So far the best suggestion was from old gen gameplan, i believe madden 25 was the last one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »