Home

How do you call your plays

This is a discussion on How do you call your plays within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2019, 03:30 PM   #17
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do you call your plays

I wish I could tell you guys I call by formation or play type. Usually when I sit down to play Madden at the end of the day, I'm too tired to do anything but coach suggestion.

And to the user who asked earlier, yes, coach suggestion does dial up the same plays every time (not sure if you can tinker with game plan like in years past?). However, I did notice that if you scroll through from left to right, there are suggestions for pass and suggestions for run plays. I don't remember that being in the game last year.
Old 08-27-2019, 03:58 PM   #18
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Question on passing... When pass play is selected, do you only throw the the receive with the red line? Or whoever happens to be open?

Curious to see how others pass, I want to spread the ball around but I seem to always end up going with my play makers.
Old 08-27-2019, 04:33 PM   #19
MVP

I build a custom playbook and install a situational gameplan. Those plays will appear under either the Run or Pass playcall windows at the appropriate times. It works great this year and you can stack up to 30 plays per situation and they will show up. If you do not select or copy 30, you will see plays repeated.
Old 08-27-2019, 04:41 PM   #20
Rookie

Mets_All_The_Way's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Question on passing... When pass play is selected, do you only throw the the receive with the red line? Or whoever happens to be open?

Curious to see how others pass, I want to spread the ball around but I seem to always end up going with my play makers.
I always pass to the open we receiver and I will look at his route pre-snap and look at how the defense line up and mostly i will be able to judge if i need to hot route or look else where first.
Old 08-27-2019, 04:45 PM   #21
Rookie

Mets_All_The_Way's Arena

And I always call my play by formation because its give me more depth on subs and aligns players.

Also its get you, use to the playbook and familiar with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2019, 04:53 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
You must like to run a lot then since the first play is always a run suggested play and the second is the suggested pass play. 3rd play is random but most of the time is a run.

I'm not just trolling maybe you don't know this but if you scroll to the right or the left you will have Run suggestions and Pass suggestions, you will see that the first one is the 1 for the run suggestions and the 2nd one will be the 1st pass suggestion.

Overall is much better than last year since they took away the strategy/community/frequent but they also removed the quick selection. ALso suggestions does not use the Gameplan to give you plays.

So far the best suggestion was from old gen gameplan, i believe madden 25 was the last one.
Nobody should think your trolling Book, since I never heard any mention of the fact that those new playcall windows were being made available. Just to be clear, plays you install in your gameplan will indeed appear per-situation under the Run-Pass windows. You have 30 plays allowed per situation. Some of them will also appear under suggestions window, but that window is a bit buggy.
Old 08-27-2019, 07:47 PM   #23
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

I go by formation and plan based on what I want to do vs. what the defense is giving up. Generally I want to set up my running game then work on the pass. if the running game isn't working use quick throws, screens and the amazing rpos to get it going.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:43 PM   #24
Rookie

TX.Leaguer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24

The only time I lock onto the red routed receiver is when it’s an RPO and my only passing option. I never pay attention to the receiver Madden thinks is your primary read. I call plays mostly based on concepts. I usually have 2 receivers I’m looking for on each pass based on the defense pre snap. In theory, at least one should get open. Sometimes I spot a third, but I’m just not good at reading every receiver unless they are in the same area like the flood concept. I’m sure if I rewatched my games there’d be open receivers I miss. I’m just not good enough to read the entire field before pressure gets to me.

But yeah, I ignore the red route receiver. You may dig into concept passing plays. It helps me spread the ball around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »