Home

Whats Your Scheme

This is a discussion on Whats Your Scheme within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2020, 08:11 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Whats Your Scheme

As a panthers fan, i can 100% tell you Ron would hire you to be offensive coordinator of the Redskins rt now!!!! This is his dream offense. He’d literally cream his shorts.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:53 AM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramon_S5
As a panthers fan, i can 100% tell you Ron would hire you to be offensive coordinator of the Redskins rt now!!!! This is his dream offense. He’d literally cream his shorts.

The spread scheme?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-17-2020, 05:51 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
With Derrick Henry's new X-factor status, I started a Titans franchise and am running what I like to call the "90-minute offense" as in send the folks home in less than 2 hours.

I mean to revolutionize the way modern football is played by literally speeding the game up by slowing it down. From the first snap I set the huddle option to "chew clock" and snap the ball at 1 second every down. The emphasis is getting the first down and JUST the first down with the goal to limit the opponent to 1 possession per half. "That's crazy" you say. Crazy like a fox. Once a first down is gained the ball handler goes down instead of getting extra yardage or even going for the score. One of my signature plays on 1st and goal at the 1 yard line is to take 3 straight QB kneels. At the very least, I'm coming away with 3 points but more importantly I've killed 2 minutes off the clock.

Our motto is "Play like you're ahead, even if you're not." Within reason of course. If I'm down by two scores in the second half I might mix things up by throwing a forward pass here or there.

Seriously though, I think this approach can work. I just beat the Browns in the season opener 24-13 limiting them to under 200 yards offense. Derrick Henry outgained the entire Browns offense with 40 rushes for 200 yards.

This style of play may put the viewers to sleep but so will a choke hold which is the aim here. The clock is our 12th man.

But then I'm probably going to get bored of this by the 3rd game and start over with a no huddle run and shoot.
I'm a little more than a decade into my SF franchise and have won a seven Super Bowls. Shanahan's legacy score is roughly 40,000, and I have 40,000 coach XP points I can't spend because I have everything. I'm thinking of giving him one last season then retiring him and starting with someone new.

I'm very intrigued with this approach. I might have the next guy try to build a dominant defense, a dominant OL, and play an extremely old-school style like this. Don't know if I could stomach some of the extremes—if I have a clear path for a touchdown, I'll probably take it—but it sounds interesting.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:13 PM   #20
MVP

So basically do most people not run with the team they play withs default playbook? Going with a playbook that is more their style
Old 03-19-2020, 09:40 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
So basically do most people not run with the team they play withs default playbook? Going with a playbook that is more their style

I don’t . Because none of them are

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2020, 11:51 PM   #22
Rookie

I need a new scheme for my online franchise league. 4-3 defense and an agile offensive line are my only things I want to keep
Old 03-21-2020, 05:47 AM   #23
MVP

I like to run a hybrid Cover 3 defense. The usually just use the NYG playbook because it already has all of the formations I like, but I only select certain plays from it. I play 3-4 base, but 4-3 Nickel, with the two OLBs shifting down onto the defensive line, and the NT subbing out for the slot CB. I like to have speedy man coverage corners, and a good run support SS since he's usually in the box and it's the CBs and FS who are providing the coverage deep.

On offense I've been working on a West Coast Mesh scheme that's been pretty fun. O Line needs to be high in Pass Protect and Agile in various combinations to give the QB time in the pocket. I don't prioritise Power because I'm usually just taking 4-5 yards on Traps and Inside Zones whenever I run. I'm never really running for big gains. On the vast majority of downs, I'll call a Mesh play from one formation or another, and will either prioritise certain reads based on the defensive look, or audible to something better. Speedy Route Runners at WR and Elusive Receiving RBs get the ball in space with a check down if nothing opens deep.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:40 AM   #24
MVP

But for people who create their own offensive playbooks there is still now way to make sure they plays show up in the order you selected them correct?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »