Subs

Anyone have a good sub system there using

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2019, 01:44 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Subs

I think it's pretty much up to the user. I've never relied on anyone else's subs.

If I have 2 running backs I want to use, I cater my auto subs to feature both of them.

If I have a deep d-line, I'll change my auto subs to switch them in and out more

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2019, 06:27 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack317
I think it's pretty much up to the user. I've never relied on anyone else's subs.

If I have 2 running backs I want to use, I cater my auto subs to feature both of them.

If I have a deep d-line, I'll change my auto subs to switch them in and out more

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Sounds good ,I've done that in the past but just was wondering if anyone had any ideas

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-24-2019, 07:29 PM   #4
Pro

Subs (both for fatigue rotation and getting snaps to your depth) can be managed via formation and formation subs, too.

This Reddit page has spreadsheets showing which formations use different personnel....that is, which formations use WR3/WR4 and which use SLWR1/2, which use HB1, PWHB, 3RDB, SLCB vs CB3, etc. A lot of times, the easiest way to force a sub is to just call a similar play/concept from a formation that uses the other roster positions:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comm...d_depth_chart/

I also find it helpful to set up a fair number of formation subs. For example, if I want my HB2 to get more work, I'll just formation sub him into a few sets...it's more reliable than the autosubs.

Between both methods, you have a lot of options to ensure exactly the right players are on the field when you want them and how you want them just via playcall.

For just one example, say I have a 3RDB that's different than my HB1, but I also have a HB2 I just drafted that I want to develop. If I'm switching back and forth between Singleback plays (which usually use the HB1) and Shotgun plays, most of which use my 3RDB, my rookie HB2 may not see as much time as I want...my HB1 is on the bench resting during the Shotgun plays, and vice versa, so neither back is fatiguing enough to trigger the auto subs and get him in the game. If I form sub that HB2 into a few forms, I can control that manually just via playcalling.

Last edited by tg88forHOF; 08-24-2019 at 07:47 PM. Reason: He format!
Old 08-24-2019, 07:33 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I’m using 75/85 across the board, for no other reason than that’s what it was in NCAA. It’s working pretty well for me so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2019, 06:11 AM   #6
MVP

Subs

Seeing hardly any rotation on my DL, even had fatigue at 100 for a couple games to see what was what. Haven’t ran into disappearing players yet, so that’s good, but this has never worked correctly and apparently never will. When you have to start a new game before you can tweak settings, it’s not even worth digging into anymore. Just do what the guy above said and utilize formation subs and personnel packages.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:37 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
Seeing hardly any rotation on my DL, even had fatigue at 100 for a couple games to see what was what. Haven’t ran into disappearing players yet, so that’s good, but this has never worked correctly and apparently never will. When you have to start a new game before you can tweak settings, it’s not even worth digging into anymore. Just do what the guy above said and utilize formation subs and personnel packages.
I've seen the same behavior out of the DL subs. There's definitely something not quite right about how auto-subs handle the position, even when you account for additional "hidden rest/rotation" that can be caused by the RDE/RDT positions.

Like we both said, form subs are the answer here. Since, like a lot of us, I'm in sub packages most of the time, the introduction of the Big Nickel formation helped a lot here...if you play a 4-3 system, you can essentially set up Big Nick as your rotation package. Sub the safeties and corners back around to match your normal Nickel packages, and you now basically have 2 versions of a Nickel Normal (although one has way less playcalling variety).

Doesn't work quite as well if you're running a 3-4, but 3-4 sub formations already have a bit more functional variety to help make up for it.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:27 PM   #8
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

Charters auto-sub settings have worked really well for me so far. Its really helped to realistically use all of the DL depth I have on the 49ers. Its certainly not perfect, but its WAY better than the default setup or doing it manually all game long.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »