Home

Madden 20 Custom Playbook & Game Plan Play Call Guide

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Custom Playbook & Game Plan Play Call Guide within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2019, 04:06 PM   #81
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 20 Custom Playbook & Game Plan Play Call Guide

I'm sure this is a really dumb question but am new to Madden, but how do you call plays in your Gameplan? Did you just call plays out of formations and have to remember which ones you put in the gameplan?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2019, 05:22 PM   #82
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
How do you call plays in your Gameplan? Do you just call plays out of formations and have to remember which ones you put in the gameplan?
You will find your gameplanned plays show up under coach suggestions, run and pass playcall windows. You won't need to call plays under formation, unless the 4 minute situation triggers.

Last edited by edgevoice; 11-12-2019 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:22 PM   #83
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
You will find your gameplanned plays show up under coach suggestions, run and pass playcall windows. You won't need to call plays under formation, unless the 4 minute situation triggers.
Thank you very much. And your initial post helped me tremendously with custom playbooks thank you.

you mention in one of your paragraphs about labeling the star plays in gameplan accordingly instead of letting them all be 2.5 stars. What does the star ratings for each play do? Does it just let you better organize in the Gameplan section of your playbook, or do they actually show up differently in the coach's suggestion when calling plays?
Old 11-13-2019, 06:42 AM   #84
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
Thank you very much. And your initial post helped me tremendously with custom playbooks thank you.

you mention in one of your paragraphs about labeling the star plays in gameplan accordingly instead of letting them all be 2.5 stars. What does the star ratings for each play do? Does it just let you better organize in the Gameplan section of your playbook, or do they actually show up differently in the coach's suggestion when calling plays?
The only purpose for starring plays as I suggest is so that I can easily find and swap out plays when making changes to my gameplan. You most certainly can leave them at 2.5 if you wish to do so. Good luck.

Last edited by edgevoice; 12-31-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-24-2019, 01:22 PM   #85
Just started!

I dont understand the color code to the playbook
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2019, 04:37 PM   #86
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by antweezy316
I dont understand the color code to the playbook
Just my OCD way of designating whether the play is a run (green) or which receiver position X(blue) Z (red) TE (teal) or Slot (brown) is the primary read. That way, I make sure to build balance within each formation, while it reminds me to gameplan accordingly, so as not to tip my hand regarding the given situation. Happy Holidays.
Old 12-24-2019, 07:58 PM   #87
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
Just my OCD way of designating whether the play is a run (green) or which receiver position X(blue) Z (red) TE (teal) or Slot (brown) is the primary read. That way, I make sure to build balance within each formation, while it reminds me to gameplan accordingly, so as not to tip my hand regarding the given situation. Happy Holidays.
I’m building some books for a 1995 file. Your initial post has been helpful. I do cpu/cpu, and you can dang near replicate the touches per wr with the primary reads on pass plays. Like for the cowboys, i have Irvin targeted big time. Novachek is second. Got a couple of primary reads for kevin williams. He didnt catch many per came but they were all big plays for the most part.

Thanks for putting this together.

On a side note, with cpu/cpu, the stars do matter. Especially with run/pass ratio or if your trying to spread carries out with specialty formations with 3rd down backs and power backs.

If the team passes, i dial in more 3 and a half stars for pass plays with proper hot read and base run plays are 3 stars. For redzone, third and forth downs and 2 minute offense, i only rate those half stars to add more variety and eliminate teams from finding money plays they can run over and over again.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 12-25-2019, 06:47 PM   #88
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
I’m building some books for a 1995 file. Your initial post has been helpful. I do cpu/cpu, and you can dang near replicate the touches per wr with the primary reads on pass plays. Like for the cowboys, i have Irvin targeted big time. Novachek is second. Got a couple of primary reads for kevin williams. He didnt catch many per came but they were all big plays for the most part.

Thanks for putting this together.

On a side note, with cpu/cpu, the stars do matter. Especially with run/pass ratio or if your trying to spread carries out with specialty formations with 3rd down backs and power backs.

If the team passes, i dial in more 3 and a half stars for pass plays with proper hot read and base run plays are 3 stars. For redzone, third and forth downs and 2 minute offense, i only rate those half stars to add more variety and eliminate teams from finding money plays they can run over and over again.
Lol, yeah after I finish my current season, I am going to re-work my Cowboys to reflect some of my all time favorite players. Gonna be tough deciding on that roster.

Star ratings absolutely matter. The purpose of my star suggestions were so that users, who were picking their own plays anyway, could easily access and change out plays when building additional gameplans. Happy Holidays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »