Home

Madden 20 Custom Playbook & Game Plan Play Call Guide

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Custom Playbook & Game Plan Play Call Guide within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2019, 01:20 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 Custom Playbook & Game Plan Play Call Guide

When your choosing from the suggested plays for the scenerio how do you choose which one you want to run? Do you try to setup plays down the line. For example call a run play before you call a play action, call a pass before a draw?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2019, 04:46 PM   #66
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballsimstrategy
When your choosing from the suggested plays for the scenerio how do you choose which one you want to run? Do you try to setup plays down the line? For example call a run play before you call a play action, call a pass before a draw?
I'm a firm believer in "set-up" and then "pay-off" plays. For instance, on 1st down, I may run I HB Lead initially. Down the road in the same situation, I will call I TE Texas Post. Sometimes I will call the pay-off play 1st, depending on the defensive looks I am getting.

I also believe in balance. That does not mean 50/50 run pass ratio or making sure every receiver has about the same amount of receptions. It means setting up my gameplan as such, so I am prepared to adjust on the fly as needed. On 3rd and short, I may run the ball out of the Bunch formation, whereas other times, I will throw.

For almost every play I bring into my playbook, I also attempt to add it's "alter-ego" whenever possible. That way, I never feel like I'm being predictable. I believe in running a good variety of run and pass concepts out of basic formations, rather than doing basically the same thing out of more numerous looks.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:53 AM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
ChaosFactor7 has uploaded 17 O and D books for 17 teams / HCs on MaddenShare.

They all have complete gameplans.

I haven't tried them yet, but plan to assign them to the CPU HCs / teams they were made for and use as substitute books for the HCs / teams he hasn't gotten to yet.

In a limited test run, a buddy of mine (who's particularly adept at this aspect of the game) felt that they certainly play more realistically / competitively than the current Team Defaults.

Solid run v pass splits / cuts down the overuse of 4 Verts on O / over blitzing on
D, etc.

Well worth a shot for the PS4 folks, IMHO.

UPDATE:

As of 9 / 29 he's put four more O Books online, but took the D Books down.
Decided to try and use Chaos' books, so i restarted my franchise. I used a combination of Sabo's gameplan ratings from '18 and '19. I'm purely sim player/owner mode team builder. I usually fly through the 1st year and only watch on supersim after I draft. I noticed a dramatic difference. The 1st season the dolphins went 5 - 11. Overall, the games were closer than with default books/plans as well.

Gameplan ratings followd Sabo's '19 ratings with the exception of 3rd and 4th Long and medium passing, which I rated at 3*, taken from sabo's '18 ratings. Defensive 3* Man, 2* Zone, 1* zone blitz, 1/2* blitz.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:22 PM   #68
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

I'm a CPU vs CPU guy. Is it possible to assign custom playbooks to all 32 CPU-controlled teams or is it only for the team controlled by the user?
Old 10-05-2019, 07:45 AM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life
I'm a CPU vs CPU guy. Is it possible to assign custom playbooks to all 32 CPU-controlled teams or is it only for the team controlled by the user?
SABO and VanWolfHawk do a great job of building custom playbooks & gameplans for CPU controlled teams. I would highly suggest looking up their fine work in this department to see if it would work for CPU vs. CPU. Best of luck to you.
Old 10-05-2019, 12:46 PM   #70
Rookie

BleachYourWork's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
ChaosFactor7 has uploaded 17 O and D books for 17 teams / HCs on MaddenShare.

They all have complete gameplans.

I haven't tried them yet, but plan to assign them to the CPU HCs / teams they were made for and use as substitute books for the HCs / teams he hasn't gotten to yet.

In a limited test run, a buddy of mine (who's particularly adept at this aspect of the game) felt that they certainly play more realistically / competitively than the current Team Defaults.

Solid run v pass splits / cuts down the overuse of 4 Verts on O / over blitzing on
D, etc.

Well worth a shot for the PS4 folks, IMHO.

UPDATE:

As of 9 / 29 he's put four more O Books online, but took the D Books down.
Those are on ps4 share? I don't see them

Sent from my SM-J337A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-05-2019, 02:24 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachYourWork
Those are on ps4 share? I don't see them

Sent from my SM-J337A using Operation Sports mobile app
Currently about 30 from the top under off playbook, or 20 from the top for def. Or simply search ChaosFactor7
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2019, 03:43 PM   #72
Just started!

How do you get your custom playbook to show up in the "schemes" menu in cfm? I know you said something about being able to do formation subs but I am confused on how to do it. I only see the default team playbooks. I would like to have my playbook show up so I can do formation subs.

Is there a different way to do it besides the "schemes" menu?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »