Home

Franchise - Owner Mode Funds

This is a discussion on Franchise - Owner Mode Funds within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2019, 09:59 AM   #1
Rookie

Charizard's Arena

OVR: 0
Franchise - Owner Mode Funds

With the majority of NFL owners billionaires do you not think it would be better if we were given more funds when playing as an owner in franchise?

I understand you can’t pay everyone, but we should start with at least $500 million in funds 200 is far too low and I understand you can’t resign everyone etc, But there will come a point in Franchise mode where a player or maybe 2 or 3 will be asking for huge guarantees and with the funds being so low your not able to do this.

For example Arthur Blank has a net worth of $5 billion I understand you can’t have that much in the game but if he wanted to give $100million in guaranteed money in real life he could do quite easily think Matt Ryan.

I don’t play as be a coach I’m always the owner and a lifelong fan at that, but it just not far in having little to no funds. At least put in the revenue share to accumulate funds for owners to make money, making $6 to $7 million per home game is simply not enough in order to make more money it only works out at around $55mill per season.

Thanks for reading.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2019, 12:44 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Franchise - Owner Mode Funds

starting money is way too low regardless of owner type, the entire contract process is borked, players ask for way too much when they are back ups. Mullens a 69 ovr backup qb wanted 44m over 4, with 33m guaranteed ... think he is smoking something. plus udfas vary salary by ovr and position??? should be league minimum etc etc
Old 08-26-2019, 12:50 PM   #3
Rookie

ICE_790120q's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard
With the majority of NFL owners billionaires do you not think it would be better if we were given more funds when playing as an owner in franchise?

I understand you can’t pay everyone, but we should start with at least $500 million in funds 200 is far too low and I understand you can’t resign everyone etc, But there will come a point in Franchise mode where a player or maybe 2 or 3 will be asking for huge guarantees and with the funds being so low your not able to do this.

For example Arthur Blank has a net worth of $5 billion I understand you can’t have that much in the game but if he wanted to give $100million in guaranteed money in real life he could do quite easily think Matt Ryan.

I don’t play as be a coach I’m always the owner and a lifelong fan at that, but it just not far in having little to no funds. At least put in the revenue share to accumulate funds for owners to make money, making $6 to $7 million per home game is simply not enough in order to make more money it only works out at around $55mill per season.

Thanks for reading.
Funds for paying players are restricted by the salary cap defined by the league, not by how much money the owner has. That allows for better competition among large and small teams.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:13 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
starting money is way too low regardless of owner type, the entire contract process is borked, players ask for way too much when they are back ups. Mullens a 69 ovr backup qb wanted 44m over 4, with 33m guaranteed ... think he is smoking something. plus udfas vary salary by ovr and position??? should be league minimum etc etc

I'm actually confused on how to proceed in my franchise. I'm playing as a Coach, 49ers my team, CFM. I was able to sign the first couple guys who were up for negotiating, but now I sit in week 12 with 10 or 11 guys ready to sign and I have no money. Each of them would put me in the negative on salary cap, even the cheap ones (I haven't even touched Mullens yet).

I know it's realistic to have to let guys go, but in this case we're talking about letting half my team walk by seasons end (I have tons of guys with expiring deals), unless I unload some guys with years left like Sherman with huge contracts. I've never been stuck before in franchise lol Anyone know how to proceed?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 08-26-2019, 07:11 PM   #5
MVP

i coach mode the 49ers as coach rather than owner. i dump alexander, ford, sherman as quick as possible. i take the cap hit before the start of season 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2019, 08:38 PM   #6
Rookie

TX.Leaguer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan

Restated my franchise after the new parch. Seriously considering manually dropping salaries for FA rookies.

Backups when you start your franchise make 600k or less. It’s frustrating that those same guys want 1 mil plus in free agency. League minimum isn’t even in the game when nearly all roster bubble guys are at league minimum in real life.

Wish we could include incentives like in real life. League minimum for a backup with the chance to make more if they start X amount of games, etc.

I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast. — Eddie Bane
Old 08-26-2019, 10:21 PM   #7
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Wow and I'm doing house rules since i always felt Funds were unlimited (joke). Never had an issue with Funds being low or Salary cap. Are you guys playing madden from EA? teams are millions under the cap, in real life teams are a lot more restricted, besides, even if the owner is billionaire do you think they will let you use all their billions.

EA should adopt a system as Championship manager did, you have the board who decided how much funds are available for players/coaches etc. Some owners are more willing to use their money for expenses (J.Jones) and some are crocodiles (Cards?)
Old 08-26-2019, 11:04 PM   #8
Rookie

TX.Leaguer's Arena

Undrafted rookies have a cap for 3 years. I just want realism. Zero chance you can build a 70 man roster like stock teams at the start of franchise. Backups ask for too much. Maybe unlimited cap until the regular season starts and you cut it to 53? Undrafted players shouldn’t be making more than your late round picks is my main gripe.

Haven’t played owner mode in several years and won’t with the new scenarios. Maybe do like the show. Big market teams have a higher budget and it fluctuates every year based on performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »