Home

Franchise player regression

This is a discussion on Franchise player regression within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2019, 06:39 PM   #1
Rookie

dmoney761's Arena

OVR: 1
Franchise player regression

Just wanted to see if older players’ attributes still regressed significantly in the off-season of a franchise. Have a draft tonight and was hoping to know if it’s worth my while taking guys that are late 20’s/early 30’s, or go primarily with young players. Appreciate any info, thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2019, 07:04 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise player regression

Still pretty stiff regression but if they have superstar abilities they can still be valuable. I have had some luck signing older free agents to one year contracts to fill in for weak positions. Had fletcher cox and cameron hayward one year on my d line and won the super bowl. I brought AB back to the steelers and he gave me a great year though his physical skills were depleted before retiring. This year I have a contending team so not not having depth at running back I signed an old dalvin cook to be my backup as i was not confortable with how bad it could get with an injury to my running back. I always hate to see my players over 30 go if they have played their entire career on my team but sometimes have to. It is also often much cheaper to let them hit free agency and then resign them.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:01 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ideas for Travis Kelce (32) and Mitchell Schwartz (32)?
Contract length?
Old 11-13-2019, 09:36 AM   #4
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Players still start regressing at 29-30 just like previous Maddens, it’s basically the same as the last few versions with the exception of players with superstar and superstar x factor dev. I’ve found that guys with those two devs can actually hold off regression pretty good in their early 30’s. In my league I had three superstar O-lineman, the one that just turned 31 and another that just turned 30 didn’t even get touched by regression at all, the third lineman that just turned 32 only lost 1 ovr and there were really no significant hits to any of his most important attributes. This was after our first season, unfortunately I had to trade one of them due to cap constraints but it was still nice to see them not even get hit by regression. A few other examples around our league; Julio Jones only lost 1 ovr at 31, Earl Thomas only lost 2 ovr at 31, AJ Green did however lose 3 ovr at 32. It seems like players with superstar and superstar x factor devs will hold off major regression until around 33-35.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:39 AM   #5
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXtrmntr
Ideas for Travis Kelce (32) and Mitchell Schwartz (32)?
Contract length?
Considering they are x factor and superstar devs I would sign them to a 2 year deal, and think about a 3 year deal depending on how much they were asking for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2019, 03:08 AM   #6
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
Considering they are x factor and superstar devs I would sign them to a 2 year deal, and think about a 3 year deal depending on how much they were asking for.

I'd probably do 3 for Kelce, considering how hard it is to get good TEs. Depends on their ratings now, and if there's a succession plan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »