Home

Hit sticking a defenseless receiver

This is a discussion on Hit sticking a defenseless receiver within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2019, 02:37 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Hit sticking a defenseless receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
Nah, I love realism. I made this thread because I hit-sticked a receiver on his blind side and made him drop the ball and also injured him. If a penalty was in the game for this I would have just done a regular wrap up tackle, or at least waited for him to take a step before using the hit-stick.
Yes and still may have gotten flagged. We see that all the time. The replay shows that you used your shoulder after the receiver took 17 steps and still was hit w/ a defenseless receiver penalty.

But don't get me wrong. Personally, I would love to see defensive holding and offensive PI. In one of the early versions of this game (might have been during the EA Access time) I got hit with hitting a player out of bounds. I thought it was awesome.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:42 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
I get the feeling you want Madden to resemble nfl blitz

Not at all..I want Madden to be real football and I don't support making it like flag football like the real NFL wants to any sooner than we have to...

Just because they have stupid rules like this in the real NFL doesn't mean EA has to jump in and add it real fast to help ruin the game like Commissioner Goodell seems intent on doing..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-29-2019, 04:37 PM   #19
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Hit sticking a defenseless receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Not at all..I want Madden to be real football and I don't support making it like flag football like the real NFL wants to any sooner than we have to...

Just because they have stupid rules like this in the real NFL doesn't mean EA has to jump in and add it real fast to help ruin the game like Commissioner Goodell seems intent on doing..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andrew Luck and Rob Gronkowski would like a word with you. the rules are needed.

Last edited by Earl1963; 08-29-2019 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:40 PM   #20
Rookie

MasonOS95's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Nah, I love realism. I made this thread because I hit-sticked a receiver on his blind side and made him drop the ball and also injured him. If a penalty was in the game for this I would have just done a regular wrap up tackle, or at least waited for him to take a step before using the hit-stick.
At least if you're too early you get a PI penalty.. also i find it pretty funny when i blast a wr before the ball gets there especially with some of the animations.

Its a win/win..

Also i doubt they add those to the game anytime soon

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »